☆~Chapter 14~☆

Akamatsu continued to tell me about the latest fashion trends, what new magazines were coming out soon, the latest celebrity drama, etc. It was kind of nice to be talking to her about stuff like that, but I couldn't contribute to the conversation, because I was always studying, reading, training, stuff like that.

"Akamatsu, it's getting kind of late... Won't your family be worried if we don't get to your house soon?" I asked, rubbing my arms in an attempt to get warm.

The snowfall became stronger, as if it were about to become a snow storm at any minute, it was freezing, my fingers and face were a dusty red, so was Akamatsu's.

"Oh I forgot about that..." Akamatsu admitted with a giggle. "We could go to a nearby motel or something?"

"We don't have our uniforms." I sighed, beginning to play with my hair.

"We could just skip school for a day!" Akamatsu shrugged.

"I can't do that! My grades will go into decline, and then my attendance won't be good, and then everyone will think that I'm a bad student council vice president! And then-" I quickly stopped myself, realising how I sounded.

I had sounded desperate, clingy and stressed, three things which the Harukawa family VOWED not to be.

"Harukawa chan... Are you okay..?" concern laced Akamatu's voice, I nodded quickly in reply.

"I'll just... Skip school with you then.. I guess..." I sighed, knowing that at the end of the year I now wasn't going to have absolute perfect attendance... Akamatsu often called in sick, so I guess we'll just call in sick.

"Okay... I'll call us both in sick tomorrow, let's go look at the motels." Akamatsu said before I agreed and we got off of the rock and began to step out of the forest and into the street.

There were more vehicles than earlier, so it must've been 1-3am... The street lights seemed brighter than before, something in my gut was just telling me that this wasn't right... Something was off about all of this, but I just couldn't put my finger on it, so I decided to ignore it.

"Do you know any nearby motels?" I asked, looking at Akamatsu as we walked down the street.

"Mhm! I'll show you where I normally go after having a fight with my grandpa!" Akamatsu quickly grabbed my hand and sprinted down the street, dragging me along with her.

Eventually we showed up at a motel that looked pretty run down, it looked pretty dodgy and like one of the motels where people showed up to have sex in, or one of those motels where drug dealers stayed.

"This looks pretty dodgy and strange..." I told Akamatsu once I had regained my breath from being dragged, maybe I should try relearn that breathing technique...

"That's what I thought at first! But it's pretty alright, and the people who work there are super chill." Akamatsu smiled at me reassuringly, though it wasn't assuring me.

"Maybe to you, they might think we're a couple or something..." I muttered.

"What's wrong with that?"

"Uh, hello? Gay marriage is illegal here in Japan, which I don't know, hmmm... I think that means gays aren't very accepted here!"

"Jeez, calm down. I'm sure they won't think that."

I responded to Akamatsu with a sigh before we both stepped inside, gaining looks from the staff as Akamatsu asked for a room. I was right, they thought we were a lesbian couple... Something inside of me kind of liked that though... Was I a masochist!?