Chapter 4

Izuku's POV

Opening my eyes, I was in the familiar void that my quirk resides in.

"Hello, Izuku. Will you now finally listen to me?"

Turning to his voice, I was met with my mirror image again but with egyptian blue eyes instead of emerald green ones.

"Yeah, I will listen."

"Good, I am your quirk as I said, I didn't choose to be the manifestation of cruelty, neither did I choose my powers. These powers stemmed from the others around us, their negative emotions towards us, and have shaped me into what I have become."

"Okay, so what can we do?"

"Not we, you. Among my many abilities are some you have seen already, the butterflies are your mode of transport. Even if just one survives, your body can be manifested from it, no matter how many died."

"Sounds powerful."

"Yes, but that is its limit. It is a means to move from place to place."

"Why butterflies?"

"Because it is believed that the flap of one butterfly can influence many things. And many of them are negative from what is believed."

"I see, what about that transform ability?"

"That is the normal reaction from Devour and Control. Anyone being devoured by you, will be covered by the blackness of negative emotions. Which gives you absolute control over that person, as well as enhances them for the duration of the control."

"I see, what if I control someone but I want them to have their individuality?"

"Then they retain that, and take a form similar to what I used to control your body."

"So the arms and legs get covered?"

"Yes, and they are enhanced until you release them."

"Next is the subspace created by the negative emotions, it is basically bottomless at this point and can store anything that isn't breathing or is covered in the blackness of your control. Where they are then able to breathe in that space, so that they don't die."

"Neat."

"Very, and food or drink stored in it will retain its properties, such as hot and cold."

"Hmm."

"The next one is something that you might want to do with your girl, and that is the Emotion Link. It shares your emotional senses with hers and vice versa. But be warned it can only be used once, and it should be with the person you wish to live with for life."

"Why just once?"

"Because it might change their quirk."

"What?"

"It might change their quirk, remove its limiter and place it in the same league as your own."

"Why the hell is that ability alone so powerful?!"

"*shrugs* It is what it is, this might have even happened if I hadn't become the way I am."

"*sigh* Okay, what else?"

"On a physical level you are stronger, faster, quicker with your thoughts and more durable. And by using the massive pool of energy we gain from negative emotions, you can enhance that even further. But each time you feed on a negative emotion, this base grows stronger and yet you are completely able to regulate this strength."

"This is like multiple quirks rolled into one and the dial then cranked to elven."

"Correct, and since you can control your body as you see fit, your base muscles can be whatever you want. But training your body might yield even greater benefits, you need to try that. Also by design your muscles will be the slender type, so you won't look like Mister Living Skeleton in his prime."