Chapter One

I yawn ridiculously loud and everyone in class turns and stares at me. I hide behind my book with embarrassment People laugh and I chuckle to myself a small bit as well. I'm currently sat in maths which is my favourite lesson. I'm very academic and big into learning. I'm a big geek. I love puzzles, gaming, reading and anything creative especially photography. We're having an independent revision session to prepare for exams that are after Christmas in about a month. "Get no sleep again Alexandria?" My best friend, Jack, asks. Jack has been my best friend for as long as I can remember. He's a massive goofball that loves nothing more than to drink way too much coffee, watch rom-coms and have loads of fun, especially fun that's extremely stupid and bonkers. He has black curtains, olive toned skin and ocean eyes. I'm similar in some aspects; I have long dark brown hair and instead of light eyes, I have dark brown eyes. I hate when he calls me Alexandria, my dad is the only one who calls me that, it's Alex or nothing. "Not answering." I reply.

"What did you watch?" Jack asks, knowing me too well.

"Season two of my lover my killer," I answer.

"And let me guess you just had to watch the entire season in one go." Jack laughs.

"Of course, and it was a really good season."

"What time did you go to sleep?"

"Four," I say quietly.

"Really?" Jack laughs.

"It's really good; you should watch it."

"I'll watch one of your killer movies you watch a romance movie."

"God no." I hate romance movies, they're so boring and predictable. The couple always end up together after a long and hard struggle and after they overcome obstacles such as people not wanting them to be together. It's boring. Plus, love isn't real.

I got back to my work. I'm currently revising ratios as that's what I struggle with the most. My strongest point is algebra. Jack on the other hand struggles with maths but that's not his fault, he has dyslexia. I've been tutoring him loads and trying to help him understand it and he's come a long way. He wants to fully overcome it and become a teacher and help kids in a similar situation. I'm so proud of him and how far he's come. I don't really know what I want to do with my life, I'm leaning more towards being a family photographer and have actually managed to be booked for a few gigs. "Oh yeah I forgot to say, did you hear about the new girl?" Jack asked.

"Yeah Michael mentioned it during first period."

"I wonder what she's like. Hopefully not a stuck-up snob."

Our lesson finishes and we head to lunch. I grab a cheese and ham panini and Jack grabs a pizza. We sit at our usual table and begin to eat. I hate our school, it's too big. I live in a big city so my school is huge, there's at least a thousand students here and every single one seems to get on my nerves. I wish I lived in a small town with less people. The only thing I like about my town is we live on the coast so we're really close to a really nice sandy beach. My mum grew up here and my dad moved here from Scotland to go to university here.

"Hey, I think that's the new girl," Jack says pointing behind me. I look behind me and there stood a tall, slim beautiful girl with long, wavy platinum blonde hair and emerald green eyes. She is wearing a woollen jumper dress, knee high boots and a Louis Vuitton bag. She looks like a model. "Hey wanna join us?" I shout and wave her over.

"Why did you invite her over? She looks like a stuck-up snob." Jack whispers.

"Thanks, I had no idea where to go," the girl smiles and sits.

"That's alright. I'm Jack and this is Alexandria."

"Alex." I correct.

"Nice to meet you both. I'm Rebecca."

"What school did you transfer from?"

"Oaklam."

"Oh, so you didn't just move schools, you moved cities." I say.

"Yeah moved up from Brighton."

"How come you moved?" Jack asked.

"For work, my family own a real estate business and want to flip some of the houses in the city as it's an up-and-coming city." Rebecca answers.

"Nice."

"What do your parents do?" She asks.

"My dad works as a data analyst." I answer.

"My mum owns an art gallery and my dad's a lawyer." Jack says.

"You liking it here so far?" I ask.

"I am. I'm hoping to join the cheer squad but I hear I may be a bit late to join."

Suddenly, a group of boys come rushing into the canteen shouting and cheering like idiots. "Who are they?" Rebecca asks.

"Most of them are on the baseball team. They're morons." I state.

"The one with the cap on is quite cute. I like boys with shorter hair especially when it's dark brown and I like dark eyes." Rebecca says admiring him.

"That's Josh, he's the captain." I say.

"You two got any partners or into anyone?" Rebecca asks.

"I'm gay and this school seriously lacks the gays." Jack moans.

"No." I state. "I don't believe in love."

"Liar." Jack quickly responds. "She likes Peter. Josh's best friend. He's the one with the dirty blonde hair and green eyes."

"I do not."

"Yeah huh. I see you staring at him."

"Nu uh."

"Yeah huh." Me and Jack go back and forth for a bit.

Suddenly, I notice Josh waving at me so I stick my middle finger at him and do a fake nice smile. "Do you two not like each other?" Rebecca asks.

"Nope. He's the biggest idiot I know." Josh and Peter walk over. I roll my eyes in dread. Why does he need to come over?

"Hello guys." Josh says.

"Shoo." I say.

"Why would I want to do that?" He asks.

"Hi, I'm Rebecca," she says as she flutters her long eyelashes at him.

"Hello there." Josh says.

"Leave her alone Josh." I order.

"Alright. You know you love me Alex?" Josh says as he wraps his arms around me from behind, giving me a hug, as he sways side to side. Rebecca gives me a weird look.

"No but continue."

"Can I borrow a tenner pleaseeeee?" Josh begs.

"Will you leave me alone?"

"Possibly."

"Fine." I got my purse out my backpack and handed the money over.

"Thank you." Josh takes the money and him and Peter start to walk off. "Love you."

"Tolerate you."

"Bye Alex." Peter says.

"Bye." I reply.

Rebecca stares at me confused. "What?" I ask.

"I thought you didn't like him. Are you two going out?"

Me and Jack start laughing. "God no. Josh is my twin brother."

"Oh god. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." We all laugh.

"So, what do you two do for fun?" Rebecca asks.

"Watch too much tv and drink too much coffee, well I do but Alex prefers hot chocolate" Jack states in a serious manner.

"We're big into just watching loads of YouTube and Netflix." I add.

"Go to any parties or clubs or anything social?" Rebecca asks, hopeful.

"There's loads of clubs and parties but we don't tend to go. My brother's actually having a party this weekend if you wanna come?"

"I'd love to. Here's my number, text me the time and address."