Chapter 9

"Sorry I'm late." Nova said shakily running up to Sportacus who was waiting by the tree they were in the night before.

"Are you okay? You seem rattled." sportacus asked concerned.

"It's nothing, so, what's this secret you've been meaning to tell me?" She asked changing the subject.

"Ah, not here, Nova!" He said waving a finger. "We need to be somewhere more private." He whispered.

"Wow this is a juicy secret, huh?" Nova chuckled intrigued.

"After you" sportacus said and a ladder fell from the sky making Nova gasp and step back surprised.

"What is that?" She asked pointing upwards.

"My blimp, come on!" He said guiding her to the ladder.

She paused hesitantly at first but climbed up finally followed close behind by Sportacus. Once she reached inside her jaw dropped.

"Wow.." She breathed.

There was exercise machines and juice presses and at the end of it all was the steering wheel.

"She's a beauty, huh?" He smiled sneaking behind her.

She turned around, "Is this your secret? Because it's pretty amazing." She grinned.

Sportacus laughed humbly and shook his head, "No, this is not the secret, the secret is yet to come" He teased making Nova's skin tingle in anticipation.

"Alright then what do i have to do to get you to tell me?" She asked.

"Just sit back, and relax" He commanded pushing a button and a bed emerged from the wall and Nova gasped excitedly. Sportacus guided her to sit down on the bed and then he went to the drivers seat and began driving the blimp somewhere.

Nova looked around amazed, the longer she looked the more things she noticed. Trophies, plaques, some kind of flying machine!?

"Where did you get all this tech?" She asked.

"All in due time, Sparks!" He called from the front of the ship.

Nova layed back on his bed and stared at the ceiling for who knows how long until she was awoken by Sportacus. Her eyes fluttered open to see him towering over her with his veiny arms. She blushed at the situation she was in but realised what she had done, "Oh no did i fall asleep?" She asked embarrassed.

Sportacus chuckled, "Don't worry, you're a cute snorer." He said. "I was just about to wake you up, we're here." He said moving away from her and towards the window.

Nova quickly got up from his bed, running her hands through her hair to get rid of any kind of bed hair that she might have gotten during her nap. She looked out the window but all she saw was pitch blackness.

"What am i meant to be seeing?" She asked.

Sportacus smirked down at her and shook his head, "Nothing from here, come." He said wrapping an arm around her and clicking a button and the floor started to descend.

Nova eeped frightened and Sportacus held onto her tighter, "Don't worry, I've got you." He whispered soothingly in her ear.

Once the floor halted her guided her off of it and onto rocky ground. "Where are we it's freezing?" Nova shivered.

"You'll see." He said softly in her ear and grabbing her hand.

"Now don't let go, okay?" He said and Nova nodded her head quickly.

The longer she stayed out in the darkness the more she could see. She was on rocky ground, and above her were millions of stars. It were as though she was in space.