PROLOGUE.

❛THE REASON WHY I'M STILL HERE IS BECAUSE I HAVE FAITH IN MYSELF.❜

━━ IMANI DEVAN.

/

COME & TALK TO ME | PROLOGUE.
❝THE PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE.❞
'  𝐀𝐔𝐆 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟔   '  
[ NEW YORK, NEW YORK ]

Imani sat comfortably on a specially made oak wood chair with plush cotton stuffed seating. A few makeup artists are up at their feet, doing occasional touch-ups, and spraying before it's time for their break.

Wearing a navy blue 'Fashion Cafe' baby tee —it was smart for her to wear it since she did attend its grand opening—, blue washed jeans, and kitten heels. Her natural curls draped over her shoulders, and out of a habit she occasionally bringing a hand up to brush it away. Lastly, her makeup look is simple and brings out her looks specifically focusing on her eyes.

The interviewer was none other than Tabitha Soren a well-known MTV reporter who'd been making waves throughout the music scene having interviewed Mariah Carey, Tupac, and plenty of others. After taking a brief moment to go over her questions, she heads over to the main front where Imani sits and greets her with a welcoming smile. Sitting down across from her the camera refocuses before it finally lands on the two of them perfectly.

The interview was something to look forward to as both women were eager to do it. It took months to plan since they had busy schedules and it was a matter of time before it could come together.

The background is buzzing with action as staff rush over to their positions. One of them started the countdown indicating that the interview has to start now.

"3, 2, 1 and we're rolling." The cameraman states and the interview began right then and there.

"Today we have a special guest with us, I'm sure many of you have heard and seen her sing her way into our hearts, please welcome the talented and incredible Imani. Welcome." Tabitha began with her introduction, the words naturally flowing from her lips since it's something she's grown used to for years now.

Imani looks at the camera before returning her attention to Tabitha with a bright smile, "The welcome is all mine Tabitha, and thank you MTV for having me here."

"Before we dive deep into this interview how are you doing today? I know that you've been busy with your career and being the superstar that you are."

"Well." She began taking a deep breath causing those in the background to laugh quietly at her humor, "I'm doing good, keeping myself at a steady pace. How about you?"

"I'm great thanks for asking."

Tabitha lends her a smile before pulling out questions, "So before you became the superstar that you are now, it was said that you sent a demo to LaFace records and they rejected it saying that you didn't fit the image that they wanted, is that true?"

"Yes, it is true. I didn't get signed by LaFace but things didn't go the way I hoped it did and as of now I'm over it," Imani answers with a shrug before smiling." Sometimes she often found herself dwelling in the past and wondered what her life might've been if she wound up at that label.