Chapter 4: Fun

A/N: Hey everyone! Thanks for enjoying this story! I know I don't leave many notes, but I am very grateful for all the reads and likes!

~

She began to love her lessons. Over the next few days, she had so many new experiences it was hard for her to name which she liked. One thing was for sure; she lover her name. She was now able to say it without any trouble. If fact, she could now say many things without mush difficulty. They were able to understand her, and answer, as well as ask, questions.

"Where did you come from?" Donnie had asked.

"The white rooms," She answered.

"A laboratory." Donnie corrected her.

She nods and repeats, "Yes, a laboratory,"

"What did you do there?" Mikey asked.

"I watched animals, learned animals..."

"About," Donnie corrects.

"Learned about animals. Trained." she finishes.

"Why?" Ralph jumps in. While he still wasn't exactly nice to her, he has grown less hostile.

"I don't know," she answers.

"What did they do? Did they inject anything into you or...?" Leo starts.

Cassandra nods, "Yes. It was mutagen and DNA" She answers.

"Really? are you sure?" Donnie asks.

"Yes. It hurt bad," She says, her face scrunching up at the memory of the pain.

"Badly," Donnie corrects.

"It hurt badly," She repeats.

"Well, then what happened?" Leo asks.

she didn't know how to explain, so she decided to show them. The stands up, and faces everyone, then closes her eyes and thinks of her favorite animal; the tiger.

Everyone in the room gasps. Cassandra was now a tiger, as she was when she was being tested. Only, her fur was glossier, her eyes shinier. It wasn't just her tiger form that looked better. Her human form looked a lot healthier. Her skin was no longer pasty, but pinkish. Her body was no longer thin, she now had curves. She would be described as beautiful even when the turtles first found her, but now, their was no words to describe how good she looked.

She was happy too. She loved to smile, and her smile was so easy and free, that it was contagious. This is where I belong... This is my family...

She transforms back into her human self, the turtles looking on in shock.

"So... that's..." Leo began.

"Awesome!" Mikey runs up and hugs her. she stiffens with shock, then mimics him by putting her arms around him, well not all the way. His shell was in the way. Another new thing. Hugs. Her new favorite.

She liked physical contact. she never really had the skin against skin. she never felt warmth from another person before, either. It was all still new, and she loved it.

"Can you change into anything?" Donnie asks, looking on in wonder. she nods, then demonstrates with a bird, a turtle, a dog and a mouse.

"Can also do just part of me," she adds.

"Its 'I can also change a certain body structure'," Donnie corrects.

"I can also change a certain body structure," she repeats.

She repeats to learn faster, and so far, its been working really well.

"Can I do my lesson now? I have so much I wanna' do," Mikey asks.