Chapter 4 :: Moon 10

~ ☆ ~

The Children of The Gods

Cats: 16

Prey: 52
Sticks: 20
Herbs: 21
Border: 18.50/20
Runes Found: 11

Realm: Midgard

Season: Leaf-Bare
Weather: Snowing
Event: none

Leader: -
Second in Command: -
Healers: 2
Sons: 8
Daughters: 6
Trainees: 0
Little Ones: 0

Leader's Den: Built
Community Den: Built
Trainee's Den: Built
Nursery: Not Built

(Each Den will cost 10 sticks to build)

~ ☆ ~

Chapter 4: Fimbulwinter

It was about moon high when Atreus found Sigrun. He had spent all day looking for her, trying to find a good time to talk to her without accidentally interrupting her and the other Valkyries.

But now, as the Queen sat by the edge of camp, watching the stars, he felt like it was a good time to speak with her.

The Valkyrie Queen flicked her ear when he started to approach, and she turned to look at him as he came out from the camp's entrance.

"Oh, hello. I don't think we ever formally met," the molly greeted. Atreus smiled to her, before give a small bow to show respect.

"I'm Atreus, miss Sigrun. I'm the son of Kratos, I know you've seen him around," he said, smiling gently as he rose back up.

Sigrun grew uneasy, and gave a stiff nod. "Yes, I know about him," she muttered.

"About?"

"Nevermind that. What brings you out here tonight? It's far too cold for a cat with fur like yours," she said, her tone quickly switching to a cheery, sweet tone.

Atreus chuckled. Admittedly, he was really cold, freezing even, but Seneca had asked him to ask her about...

"So, I heard some of the Godlings have started to use the Runes?" He asked. Sigrun nodded her head, her large wings reflecting the bright moonlight.

"Yes, they discussed amongst themselves about it. Estrid and Quartz were the first two to use them. Admittedly, I'm... worried, Fimbulwinter and all. It won't be easy on any of use, but training during these times is hard. But, it must be done."

Sigrun's gaze fell, onto the snow at her paws.

"Seneca wanted me to ask about it being okay for her to use some of the Runes. She would have come to ask herself, but she didn't want to cause a fight or anything," Atreus said.

Sigrun looked up, Atreus could see the confusion behind her eyes. She took a moment to speak, before shaking her head.

"I don't see a point to say no. Everyone must train their skills. Besides, Runes may be tricky to find, but no impossible,"

"That's what I said!" He chuckled.

Sigrun smiled to him. "You sound like Kara when she was younger," she teased.