twelve: ﹙the call so close﹚

CHAPTER TWELVE !
the call so close

"contains; sex implied-,"—no need to proceed with caution

—no need to proceed with caution

Standing in her apartment complex most of the lights were off, with a couple on dimming the place around her

Sounds of the rain hitting against the window, lowly. Music softly played in the background she wasn't sure what song it was.

Bending down, on the open stove; Y/n placed the seasoned chicken inside of the stove. She was cooking to get her mind off of killing Eden.

Every now and then, she would stick her head inside the hallway watching and making sure no one was doing a rain check.

The hot stove burned her face. Causing her to remember the burning of flames where Eden's body set. Throwing the bones in the water after it, hoping that some fish would come by and eat them.

Her hand grabbed the vegetables that sat inside of the fridge letting the refrigerator light illuminate her face.

Sighing, grabbing the knife and suddenly started to cut the broccoli in half so that there was enough for her and Matt to eat.

Cutting the broccoli the words that Eden last told her formed in her mind; taking it finally in.

"The police have files, Y/n..."

She had the money that she was able to bail herself out of jail, yet she didn't want Matt to think differently of her cause of it.

Knock Knock.

Flinching at the sounds of the knocking coming from the other end of the door close enough to her that she was able to touch. Going on her tippy toes, she looked fully through the peephole; her heart beating rapidly and her breath staggering.

But quickly she sighed with the burning pain moving off of her shoulders, relaxing them and turning the door knob.

"Hey" She greeted placing a smile on her lips.