Chapter 2: (A bit of) Anne's Backstory

Anne Boonchuy is a herpetologist who's lived in LA her whole life. She's always loved frogs, and decided to study them (And other amphibians, too). She's currently 22 years old, but her birthday is fast approaching. She has always been very social and good at making friends.

She originally met Sasha in college, immediately becoming friends with her. The two became pretty close, and eventually started dating. It was nice, but they kept arguing and decided to just become friends again. They're still close, talk to and see each other often, and like to tease each other sometimes (A lot).

.-=-.

It was a usual day for Anne, she'd just gotten off from work, and was driving over to Sasha's house to return his pet toad (That she'd convinced her to adopt and he'd eventually fell in love with), since she let her bring the toad for a special event at work. She was also listening to some k-pop music on the way over, since it helped pass the time, and was her favorite genre of music.

When she parked her car, her phone chimed, a notification that said one of her friends had sent her a funny video. Clicking on the link, it took her to MewToob. She hummed, the video was too long to watch right now, and she had to return the toad back to Sasha.

She accidentally pressed a button, and it took her to the main page, where some videos were suggested to her. One of them caught her eye; it was a livestream from that one webcomic artist that looked familiar to her.

Oh, right! She remembered reading their webcomic a few years ago before and during college. She made a mental note to see if she can find it again, since it's probably updated a ton.

Sighing, she grabbed her purse and Sasha's pet toad, and got out of her car, making sure to lock it.

After some walking, she got to Sasha's apartment, knocking on the door and shoving her phone into her pocket.

Sasha opened the door with a smile. "Hey Anne. C'mon in," He gestured to the apartment. "Yay, Braddock's back! Percy's been waiting for him."

"Yup! All the kids on the tour loved seeing him. Thanks for letting me bring him!"

Anne followed inside, taking the toad into the living room by the aquarium container. She leaned against the counter before glancing over to the couch that was not too far over, since she heard someone talking. She was about to say something as Sasha walked over towards her, taking caution for some reason.

Anne gently laughed at Sasha. "So-"

"Huh?" The person let out a quiet noise while glancing over their shoulder at her. Their eyes widened when Anne looked back, and they sunk deeper into the couch to hide. Anne gigged quietly before smirking and turning back to Sasha again.

"Pfft, already found someone new?"

"What? No, they're just my childhood friend. They're visiting here for a week," Sasha explained.

"Ah, I see. Wait-" She whipped her head around to try and get a better glance at the person, but to no avail, as they were hiding behind the couch still.

"What's up?" Sasha looked over at the couch as well.

"I could've sworn they look like a webcomic artist I've seen online before..." She whispered to him.

"Marcy Wu?"

"Yeah! How'd you know?" She turned back to face her.

"'Cause that's them," Sasha stated plainly.

"Wait what?!" By now, Anne was starting to get flustered.

He laughed, patting Anne's head. "Waaaait a minute..." He smirked. "Were they that author you had a massive crush on when we first met? And wouldn't stop staring at pictures of online that you never let me-"

"Shh!" She put a hand over Sasha's mouth to shut him up, to which he started cackling.

"Okay, anyways, I have to go now!" She sped out of the apartment, her face growing warmer by the second.

"You don't even want to meet them?" Sasha fake-pouted.

"Not now! I just got off work after all, so uh.. I gotta get back to my apartment myself! Bye!" Anne ran down the hall and back outside to her car, face red and breathing quickly.

"Okay Anne," She said to herself, "Everything's fine! Nothing to worry about, not even the cute webcomic author you used to have a crush on, who's even cuter in real life apparently!"

She took a deep breath, starting up the car and driving back to her own apartment.

(A/N): Yay, chapter 2!! Thank you to those who read/liked last weeks chapter, I really appreciated it!

Just an update that I also decided that I'm going to change the posting schedule to every Saturday, since it's more convenient for me.

Stay tuned for next weeks chapter, where it gets more exciting! Will they meet? Maybe, you'll just have to find out, hehehe