Chapter 7: "Platonic" Date

Quick heads up: Marcy's supposed to be flying out in two days (Sadly). I'll be going back and editing previous chapters sometime to make the timing fit better!

And now, onto the chapter :)

Sasha watched as Marcy flopped onto the couch just a few feet away from her. He was reading a book, which Marcy thought was odd since he never used to. They looked up at him, half of their face still being squished by the cushion.

"You okay?" Sasha asked, flipping the cover of the book shut and placing it on her lap.

"No," They answered truthfully, sitting back up and shaking her by the shoulders. "Sasha. I have to leave in an hour. An hour. I'm freaking out!"

"Aww, your first date with Anne~" She teased in a singsong voice, which in turn made them cover their face with their hands.

"It's not a date... At least, I don't think it is? Now that I think about it... Wait no. I don't think it is."

Sasha sighed, once again wondering how they could be this oblivious. But so was Anne, which in a way, made it kind of difficult. "Hey, look at me. You'll be fine."

They peeked at him through their fingers that were still in front of their face, huffing frustratedly and throwing their hands back down by their side. "But what do I do? How do I not make it awkward? Her parents own the restaurant we're going to, I have to make a good first impression!"

"Uh huh, totally not a date," She replied sarcastically, earning a small glare from them. "Okay okay, I'm sorry. But I can assure you, it'll all be fine, and you'll do great. Just have fun. This is Anne we're talking about, and she's a fun person!"

"She is a fun person," They glanced off to the side, their lips tugging into a smile.

"Alright," Sasha suddenly got up from the couch, pulling Marcy away from their thoughts as they looked up at him. "I doubt you brought any formal wear or anything like that, so let's go find something for you to wear."

"Okay," They got up as well, following after Sasha.

.-=-.

"Ughh," Anne groaned, pacing around her room. She'd gone through her whole closet, and had found nothing to wear. What even was she supposed to wear? Something comfortable, like a hoodie and sweatpants? A dress or a tux? Just the plain t-shirt and shorts she was in now? This was frustrating her very much.

Marcy was leaving in two days, and they deserved a good da- outing. As friends! Platonic besties. Yep, totally.

She sighed, grabbing her phone from its charging stand, wondering how it had gone from fully charged this morning to almost dead after work.

"Wait, what did I grab my phone for again..." She muttered to herself, scrunching her eyebrows. "Oh, right."

Anne: SASHA HELP

She hummed while waiting for a reply, picking up the giant pile of clothes that were on the ground and shoved them back into her closet. Not too long after, she heard her phone ding, racing back to it.

Sasha: What's up?

Anne: I can't find the perfect outfit and I literally have to leave in ten minutes

Sasha: Do you still have that one suit you wore to that one event that I can't remember the name of?