Chapter 3: Introductions

Anne took a deep breath and tried to calm her pounding heart before knocking once again on Sasha's apartment door. It had been three days since Marcy had flown back out to LA, and Sasha insisted that his two best friends properly met each other.

Sasha opened the door with a smirk and gestured for her to come inside. "Hello, Anne."

"Pfft, why are you acting so formal?" She laughed while walking inside, putting her purse down on a tiny nearby table.

"I don't know, honestly," Sasha chuckled before turning to face the living room. "Marce, get off the couch and come over here!"

Anne heard the tiniest squeak before the mentioned person walked over to the other two. They gave a little wave. "Hi-"

"Wait, can I introduce you both?" Sasha interrupted the smaller person, to which they playfully rolled their eyes, their lips tugging into a tiny smile.

"Sure, go ahead."

"Kay, so Anne, this is Marcy, my childhood friend, who I'm sure you've heard of before," She smirked, "And Marcy, this is Anne, my roommate from college."

"Hi, nice to meet you," Anne held out her hand, and internally screamed at herself as she could feel her face growing warmer.

Marcy shook her hand after a millisecond of hesitation. "Nice to meet you as well," They smiled, somehow sending a million waves of happiness through her.

"Sash told me that you're the author of a webcomic, right?"

"Yeah, the first book is printing next year!"

"Oh that's awesome! I actually used to read it all the time when you first started posting it," Anne rubbed the back of her neck nervously.

"Really?" Marcy gasped all of a sudden, "Were you AnnieB2006?"

"How'd you know?!" Anne laughed, feeling another wave of nervousness because Marcy actually remembers me.

"You posted comments on all the chapters for like over a year! I loved every one of them!" Marcy was bouncing on their toes excitedly. "How could I not remember you?"

"Yeah I remember that, aha!" Anne couldn't help it, Marcy's excitement was contagious, and their smile was so pretty- wait no Anne, don't think that, you literally just met them for the first time in person, don't be weird!

Marcy squealed before Sasha cleared her throat. "So glad you two are getting along well, wanna go get some boba tea or something?"

The other two nodded before they all headed out of the apartment together.

.-=-.

"You can ride shotgun if you want," Marcy told her once they got to Sasha's red convertible.

"No no, you can." Anne replied back.

"I insist."

"So do I-"

"Well if you both insist, Grimesy would love to ride shotgun." Sasha smirked, plopping her giant bag that looked very heavy - though she seemed to carry it without any problem - down onto the other front seat.

They both stared at Sasha, then at each other, then back at Sasha.

"You named your bag?" Marcy questioned.

"Yeah, so?"

"Nothing, it's cool," They just shrugged.

"What are you doing?!" Anne mouthed at him.

"I know what you are," Sasha mouthed back before actually speaking. "Just get in the back, no big deal," She teased.

Anne was about to protest before Marcy readied themself and got bold, opening the back door for her. To their surprise, Anne got in, and Marcy then followed. Their heart was racing, and they couldn't tell why for some reason. Huh, they'll have to ponder on that later.