10- I thought I'd never see you again

Chapter 10

Gally's POV

"I'm sorry mate but who are you?" Newt shouts to one of the men in the helicopter.

"We are here to rescue you, you probably do not know this but all this," he says before gesturing to the maze fading behind us "it was all a simulation and you have families to go come to and most of you have siblings" he shouts facing us.

"What about the others?" I say looking back at the tiny speck that was my home. What about Ben?

"Yeah you only brought me, Thomas, Minho, Gally, Frypan, Chuck, and the lady shank," Newt says angrily.

"Some weren't real they're just part of the simulation see they looked and felt real only they weren't," the man explains to us pity showing in his eyes. I sit back quietly feeling nothing but betrayal and sadness as I see Thomas and Newt holding hands leaning on each other. Before I realize it I'm crying hot tears streaming down my face as I bury my face in my hands and find comfort in Frypan next to me. "Though we do have another team going in there to make sure you 7 are the only ones," he explains bringing me probably a false hope.

"Are we getting our memories back?" Thomas asks breaking the silence after 20 so minutes.

"Yes...they will come back gradually over the course of a month after the doctors remove the chip" he replies as Thomas looks satisfied and leans back with Newt in his arms.

After a while, I open my eyes as the helicopter jolts and I see Newt waking up a sleeping Thomas. I feel a weight on my right side and see Chuck leaning against me sleeping.

"Hey" I whisper nudging him "Hey Chuck we're almost there," I say laughing at his disoriented look and disheveled hair.

"OH!" he exclaims eyes widening "I'm sorry Gally I didn't mean to," he says panicking.

"It's alright Chuck we're all tired," I say ruffling his hair in a brotherly manner.

Newt's POV

"Hey Tommy" I whisper to the sleeping boy next to me. "Tommy," I say trying to gently wake him up.

"OI SHANK" Gally yells startling him awake "it's you and that lady shanks turn," he says offering him a hand and gesturing to Teresa with the other hand. I watch as he leaves and turn my attention to Gally. "So who's all gone?"

"Uh Fry, Chuck, Minho, and me" I reply pointing out the other sleeping Gladers.

"You're lucky ya know" Gally states his hand now in his hands.

"What?" I ask dumbfounded. Gally stares up at me, with bloodshot eyes.

"You got to keep him" he whispers his voice sounding tortured and filled with despair.

"Wha- oh...Ben," I say realizing how he and Ben felt toward each other "maybe when the other team goes back they'll get him to Gal" I put a reassuring hand on his back and watch as he slowly falls asleep me following suit soon after.

*40 minutes later*

I wake up to the other Gladers minus Gally and Thomas chatting happily together.

"What do you remember Newt?" Minho asks smiling happily at what he can remember at the moment.

"Uh, Tommy..but I already remembered him," I say stretching in my chair eyeing the new people walking in suspiciously. "I remember my family" I laugh lightly a tear falling

"What's wrong?" Frypan asks moving toward Newt as the new group of teens sits near us in the room.

"Oh uh, it's just that I don't even know if my brother and sister are alive.." I look down remembering how our father treated us after mum died.

"Why?" a blonde boy asks at the same time Minho asks the same lucky me I don't hear the blonde boy.

"Uh our dad wasn't the nicest see he thought Lizzy was his angel but would hurt me and Izzy" I look down tears falling "he hurt Izzy and me so much"

"NEWT" A boy shouts. I recognize that voice. I shoot up from my sitting position looking around the room before spotting a certain curly-haired brother of mine.

"IZZY" I yell running at him and jumping into his arms hugging him tightly, "I thought I'd never see you again" I cry into his arms "Lizzy" I look into his eyes hoping for good news.

"She was with the other group Newt they saved her," he says rubbing my back.

I pull away and look at him horrified "you were alone with..him?" I whisper a deadly look in my eye.

"Y-yes he's dead now Newt...Murdered" Isaac says looking scared of me. I sit down opening my mouth to reply but get interrupted by a red-headed girl bursting into the waiting room her eyes immediately landing on me. She sits next to me looking at me apparently trying to be seductive and out of the corner of my eye I can see Isaac roll his eyes.

"Hey cutie," She says running her hand along my arm and pushing up her cleavage.

"Uhhh hi?" I say awkwardly leaning away.

"So what do they call you?" she asks.

"Er, they call me Newt mate," I say rolling my eyes "and yes like the bloody lizard"

Thomas's POV

"Fuck my head hurts" I mutter slowly opening my eyes and seeing the blinding white of the hospital room. "Dad?" I croak pausing for a moment "Newt??" I begin to panic. "HELP ME" I scream thrashing around my mind blind to the fact that I was, in fact, safe "no no no no I don't want to be back no PLEASE LET ME GO!" I scream as Minho runs in followed by Scott a few moments after but my mind is already in another place, the memories of years of torture by WICKED tormenting me.

"Hey Stiles," Scott says oblivious to my panic.

"Hey hey Thomas you're okay, you're safe," Minho says hugging me and sitting me up in bed.

"Thanks, Minho" I mumble into his shoulder.

"What was that about man," Scott says looking like an idiot as always.

"I don't want to talk about it with someone I barely know," I say glaring. Truth be told I'm aware I grew up with him it's just most of my memories of him aren't really there. "How is everyone, anyone?"

"What do you mean we grew up together!" Scott says raising his voice.

"And I lost my bloody memory Scott I don't know you anymore!" I yell using Newt's slang as I lose my temper.

"Drop it, man," Minho says lifting his hand to Scott and standing in front of me protectively.

"H-how is everyone anyways?" I ask.

"Newt's getting hit on by some pretty shank in the waiting room," Minho says laughing. "Stiles where are you going?" Minho asks as I get out of bed still in my normal clothing and I sprint out the door Minho and Scott trailing behind me.

(A/N: 1160 words yay sorry for the absence)