11

"I have the formation worked out, but Ace told me that you need to give the final ok on it," Jimmy says as they reach the campsite. "I will tend to my woman first," Austin says dismounting Thunder and then reaching up to help Hazel down. She is capable of climbing off, she has her own horse and has been riding now every day for the past nine years but she can't help enjoy the attention she gets from Austin so she lets him fuss over her like she has never ridden before. Jimmy frowns but says nothing choosing to give Austin a tight nod and walking off. "That boy has a lot to learn," he mumbles as he walks Hazel down to a secluded area near the river. "I agree, but you are not like other ranchers so I think you confuse him. You are not what he expected," Hazel says as they start removing their clothing. "How so?" Austin asks hanging their Stetsons up in a nearby tree. "Well for starters you are very handsome, most ranches look amazing on horseback but as they get close you can see their skin is weather-beaten and leathery, tarnished by hard work and the dusty track they ride - your skin is smooth and soft like a baby's ass," Hazel says then giggles as Austin rolls his eyes and pulls her into the icy river.  "Also ranchers always place the livelihood of their cattle first and while you care for them deeply, respect them for the work they do for you...you place your family first...you place me first...always. Only you and the ranchers who survived under you do that," Hazel says sliding onto his lap in a straddle as they sit down in the river. "He was taught to work the land, place the cattle first and respect the cowboy code. But there comes a time where one can only learn from sight and then choose what type of man they wish to be," she says wrapping her arms around Austin's neck as he draws her closer to his body.

"Your legacy has become folk law, your story has been told over and over to little boys who dream of becoming ranchers one day. The rancher of Cottonwood, the cowboy who rode a wild mustang the size of a mythical beast. The rancher whose hard gaze and back-breaking work built the biggest ranch in Utah from his grandfather's herd of only ten heads of cattle. So when those little boys grow up and come searching for you they expect to find a tyrant of a man. What they find is a man, softened by his woman...to some ranchers that is scarier than never being a cowboy at all."

"I am only soft with you."

"And I could take everything you have worked for because you will give it to me if I ask. It takes a true cowboy, a real cowboy to open himself to such variability. "

"You could take nothing, everything I have is already yours."

"And yet I am just content with just your love...and this," she says reaching down between them and curling her fingers around him as she giggles. "I also think you are the only cowboy with this ridiculously large appendage," she says sliding her hand up and down his shaft. Austin groans and grabs her hips, lifting her and then impaling her on him. She grabs his shoulders and lets her head fall back, moaning and trying to concentrate as she takes him. He takes her breast into his mouth as she starts to sink onto him, Austin lets out a guttural, satisfied groan at the back of his throat when she finally sits flush on his hips, she lifts herself and then comes down a little harder. He grabs her hips but lets her bounce on her own as he pulls off her breast and attaches his lips to hers. She bounces till her thighs burn then Austin helps her and pushes his hips up making himself go deeper and faster. Then she feels it, it makes her lips twitch into a smile, only growing more intense as he continues to slam into her when it moves into her belly, a fiery heat. Her skin is cold from the river but hot from his touch. He moves his hands and squeezes her thighs softly as he moves his mouth down her neck back to her breasts. The heat explodes in her stomach and rushes through her body, exploding and popping - grabbing hold of her muscles as they pull tight. Austin groans as he feels her climax squeezing him. She throws her head back and groans softly as he fucks her through it and then groans too as he climaxes, his head buried between her breasts.

"If you screw me over again with another daughter..." he mumbles into her skin, Hazel laughs and lifts his head, his cheeks pressed to her palms. "If I give you another daughter you will love her as you do all your girls," she says, kissing him.

They wash and dress then join the rest of the group. Hazel and Austin take the girls to wash then Austin holds Dixie down as Hazel tries to run a brush through her hair while Harper and Ayla shake their heads at her as they wait their turn - they don't have to be held down when Hazel finally gets to them. Ace and Mr. Post make dinner which is ready just as Jimmy and his ranch hands finish settling the horses. After dinner, they settle around the fire and speak easily of the days gone by. Ayla curls up in her mother's lap while running her fingers through Christmas dinners remaining feathers. "Mama, I miss Evelyn," she sniffles suddenly. Dixie and Harper shuffle closer to Hazel and lean on her, they miss their sister too. "I know, babies, but she is having a wonderful time. She said she had been to the beach and to a big fair in the city with the biggest, scariest rollercoaster she has ever seen. She says the people all live in boxes and she has to walk three miles to put her feet on a patch of grass. She has made some friends and tonight she is going to a music concert in a big hall," Hazel says softly. "and her heart?" Harper asks quietly. "Is still with Cottonwood, little love," Austin whispers as he lets her crawl onto his lap.

"Is she happy?"

Hazel looks up and stares at Jimmy, he is looking back at her with so much hope in his eyes. She smiles at him softly and then nods. This is the first cattle run any of them have gone on without her since the day Evelyn was born. She was only a week old on her first cattle run, strapped carefully to her father's chest and her absence is heavily felt.