My First Heartbreak

My first heartbreak- Monday, February 13th.

7 AM

I tried to type as the uneven roads caused the bus to jolt me around in my seat.

These messages were the start of what would lead me, an innocent fourteen-year-old girl, to her first heartbreak on the night before Valentine's Day.

Tori:

Hey Tyler! I have an odd request.

Tyler:

Hey Tori! What's up?

Tori:

Could you tell Noah to check his mailbox after school today?

I know it sounds odd but it'll make sense once he opens it.

And when you tell him please don't mention my name. Again,

It'll make sense once he opens it.

Tyler:

Yeah of course! I'm pretty sure

I have an idea of what this is about :)

And I'll make sure your name stays out of it.

Tori:

Yep, you definitely know what this is about.

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!

Tyler:

No problem! He says he'll check it on his way

home from school today. Good luck!

"Great, at least Noah's checking his mailbox without suspicion," I thought. "Now I get to wait through the entire school day impatiently waiting for Noah to check his mailbox." That day, I counted down the hours until he got out at 2:15.

If only that girl who was impatiently counting down the hours of her crush's release time had known what was coming for her, she would run to his mailbox and take a hammer to that damn package.

I spent the entire day talking to all of my classmates about Noah opening the package and how nervous I was. I was terrified, I'ceither have my first Valentine's Day with a Valentine, or my fourteenth one alone and end up heartbroken on the worst possible day. They all reassured me that I did the right thing in sending him that confession package a few days ago. They all told me that things would go great, that he had sent obvious signs and that he clearly had feelings for me.

God, they were so wrong.

----------------------------

Monday, February 13th, 2:30 PM.

Noah:

Hey, I got the package.

Tori:

:)

I'm still in school. I get out at 3:15,

the drive home is about 45 minutes. I'll call

you when I get home?

Noah:
Sounds good.

I turned to my friends who sat near me during that class period and told them that my crush had received the package and that I was going to call him tonight.