8.

"s-she always put medicine in her body because she didn't feel good. she a-always told me her heart hurt so the doctors gave her medicine to help, but every time she took the medicine, she would become extremely loopy and aggressive if i bother her." i spoke softly as i looked towards the ground.

"that's concerning. she should have been hospitalized if she had heart pain." michael spoke with a frown.

"i don't think it was medicine from the hospitals mate." calum spoke simply.

"back to the point, i don't want any medicine or needles." i spoke stiffly.

"okay, let me explain. without numbing medicine, it will hurt a lot. all this medicine will do is numb one area of your body so you don't feel any pain. i promise it won't hurt at all with the numbing medicine violet." calum spoke.

"can i do it without it?" i asked.

"i mean, of course, but i don't recommend that at all." calum spoke firmly.

i stared at him blankly for a couple moments before replying, "okay. as long as the shot won't kill me. i'll do it." i spoke bravely.

michael, calum, and i walked over to the nearest exam room before michael's pager went off.

"shit, i'm sorry to do this, but i have a 911 down in the ED, i'll page ash to see if he can come up." michael spoke swiftly as he turned around and began running in the other direction.

calum and i arrived at the exam room and he motioned for me to sit on the bed.

a couple minutes later, ashton came walking in with a stiff smile.

"how's everyone doing?" he asked.

"great, i need to go grab some supplies, do you mind waiting with her?" calum asked as he walked out of the room.

"so much for waiting for my reply." ashton muttered as he sat on a chair.

he slowly moved towards me, causing me to subconsciously move backwards.

"i'm not going to hurt you." ashton stated softly as he gave me a sad look.

"i-i know, it's subconscious sorry." i stuttered.

"apology not accepted because you have no reason to apologize. also, tomorrow is your first therapy session." ashton spoke with a tiny smile.

"will you make the memories go away?" i whispered.

ashton sat there silently for a moment before speaking up, "i can't do that, only God can. what i can do is help you with those flashbacks and processing what happened."

"you know, sometimes i wish michael was involved. i wish this never happened. there were times when i was laying there on the floor and i seriously considered ending my life." i spoke softly as i stared at my hands.

"it's a blessing you didn't. you're worth so much more than you think violet." ashton spoke with a tiny smile before calum came walking back in.

"okay, you ready?" he asked.

i slowly nodded my head, but as soon as he showed me the needle, i felt myself being sucked back into the past.

"m-mom are you okay?" i asked softly.

she wasn't acting okay. she was laying on the couch with her eyes rolled back into her head.

"i-i'm fine violet." mom slurred as she suddenly sat up.

"you don't look fine. what did you take? do you need to cha- "shut the fuck up you whiny bitch! can i not get some peace and quiet? do i need to call philip back home?" mom interrupted as she glared at me.

"violent, come back here. it's okay." i heard ashton speak firmly.

i opened my eyes and saw his face right in front of me.

"sorry." i muttered.

"don't apologize. we'll talk about this tomorrow. or tonight, anytime you need any of us." ashton spoke softly as he sat back down.

i shifted my attention over to calum, "promise it won't hurt or make me act crazy?"

"i pinky promise." he replied as he slowly moved forward.

he was right. all it really did was make my hand numb.

he quickly gave me stitches before luke and michael came into the room.

"hey, you guys ready to get out of here?" michael asked.

"more than ready." calum spoke with an eye roll.

i followed a couple feet behind the boys until we arrived outside.

"is it far from the house?" i asked.

"maybe 2 miles? why?" luke asked.

"i would prefer waking back if i could." i spoke softly.

"i don't know about that. you don't know the area well enough." calum pointed out.

"here, i'll walk back with you, it's a good chance to get to know you. see you guys at home." michael smiled softly as he handed calum his bag.

i guess i was going to try and bond with my biological dad.