16.

A COUPLE DAYS LATER

violet's pov

i woke up and quickly remembered what michael and i had talked about yesterday.

i was going back to school.

i quickly showered and changed into a long sleeved shirt and baggy jeans. i braided my hair and put on a bit of makeup before walking downstairs.

"isn't someone fancy." crystal smiled.

i gave her a tiny smile before grabbing myself a cup of hot chocolate.

"you don't like coffee?" crystal laughed as she set her glass down.

"coffee's overrated." i shrugged as i sat down next to her.

all of a sudden i heard a huge thud from upstairs and flinched backwards.

"fuck." i muttered as i straightened my posture.

i heard thundering feet running down the stairs before seeing michael turn the corner.

"baby good morning." michael rushed as he pulled on his scrubs.

"running late?" crystal spoke while trying not to laugh.

"you know it, can you take vi over to a couple of the schools?" michael asked as he grabbed an apple.

"of course! have a good day my love." crystal smiled brightly as she waved.

"i love you babe. i love you too violet." michael smiled as he rushed out of the door.

"guess it's you and i. do you know the schools he was referring too?" crystal asked with a soft smile.

"yeah, two of them are public and one is private." i spoke softly.

"i was always a public school girl." crystal sighed as she put her cup in the sink.

"you were probably super popular right? i mean, you're drop dead gorgeous." i smiled.

"why thank you! and yes, i actually was, but i wasn't mean popular, i was nice popular." crystal chuckled. "i'm going to go get ready. i'll be right down."

i nodded and as soon as she pulled around the corner i grabbed my phone and texted mary.

me: baeeee, i have to go to a new school without you:( what if no one likes me?

mary almost instantly replied.

bestie<3: how can someone not like you vi? you are literally an angel sent from heaven.

me: lies and you know it. i don't want to go to a school without you.

bestie<3: i'm only one call away:) now go have fun! i need to sleep. goodnight❤️

i chuckled before putting my phone back down.

a couple moments later, crystal came running downstairs and we left to go to the first public school.

to be completely honest, it sucked.

the kids seemed like pretentious jerks and the teachers didn't care about success.

the only decent person was the principal.

"that was shit." i muttered as we walked towards the car.

"tell me about it." crystal whispered.

we drove to the next public school, and it was better than the last one, but still not a place i would feel comfortable.

"i don't think that was as bad." crystal spoke with a shrug.

"yeah." i mumbled as we drove to the last school.

as soon as we arrived at the last school, i knew it was for me.

it was like a castle. the school was beautiful. i was already in love.

the outside was a black color, and it was just a place i would love.

we walked up to the front gate and were greeted my a principle in a black suit.

he was young, maybe 30?

"hello, welcome to patronus high. we are looking forward to you being here. my name is ben starling and i'm the principal here at the school." he spoke with a smile as he held out his hand.

"hello, i'm violet and this is crystal." i smiled brightly as i stood back.

he may be charming, but he was still a man, and men scared me.

"not a handshaker?" bed laughed as he retracted his hand. "follow me to the office so we can talk."

crystal and i followed him into the school and were shocked by the beauty.

the structure was amazing the paintings were real.

it was like a real time fairytale.

we arrived at the office and we sat down with him.

"so, i'll cut straight to the chase. your scores are extremely impressive for a junior in high school. if i didn't know your grade, i would assume you were a senior. i can have you skip a grade, if you want, because i don't think our junior classes will be challenging enough." ben spoke with a soft smile.

"i have a genius kid?" crystal spoke with a shocked expression.

"yes." ben spoke with a chuckle.

"can i make a request?" i asked softly.

"yes of course." ben spoke as he leaned forward.

"i came from australia a little while ago because i lived with my mom instead of my dad. i left australia because of my mom getting arrested. i was sexually abused by my step father for over a year. can i have mostly woman teachers if that's okay?" i whispered.

"of course. i'm so sorry you went through that." ben spoke softly.

i gave a tiny nod.

"well, if you're interested, i would love if you would attend our school." ben smiled.

"i would love too. can i?" i asked if i looked over at crystal.

"i think that would be a fantastic idea, can we plan another meeting with her father? he is a doctor." crystal smiled.

"of course! it was nice meeting you." ben spoke as he held his hand out to crystal.

we both stood up as crystal shook his hand and left the room.

"this place is awesome. i love it already." i smiled brightly.

"i'm glad. you deserve it love." crystal smiled back.

how i hope that this will turn out okay, but knowing my luck, you never know.

unknown's pov

"no! absolutely not! you said you had a plan? you better follow through. i need to get out of here!"

"boss, it's hard to do what you're asking me to do."

"did i ask for an excuse?"

"no boss. we'll figure it out."

"good. i have unfinished business."

watch out baby, i'm coming back.