Chapter 21: Entry of Lord Vasudeva

"Great. Just great. Now you enter into this endless turmoil of justice and injustice. Welcome." (Welcoming note to Karna, the main protagonist of our story)

" (Welcoming note to Karna, the main protagonist of our story)

Lord Krishna Vasudeva

A pleasant looking handsome dark complexioned beautiful eyed boy was talking now to himself. People had suspected that surpriyhe could see everything. He had even some kind of uncanny super power. It was also somewhat true. At the tender age he killed a great demoness named Putna and danced over ferocious snake named Kaliya. He truly was born with some kind of qualities. For example, he was not even in Hastinapur with his cousins at this very moment, but he could see very clearly what was going on there. Arjuna's nativity was humorous for him but not Karna's insult. He knew he could support Arjuna as his friend throrought his life, but not Karna. For Arjuna he had love, but for Karna he had admiration and respect.

He was leaning on the big decorated couch in his bedroom and enjoying everything in mind. His lips were always smiling and as usual his smile was enchanting. In his left cheek one could see a cute dimple when he was smiling. Now also it was showing. That dimple made his face more and more beautiful. He did not wanted to be disturbed in his thought. He was called as Lord Vasudeva, the younger son of Basudev and Devaki. His other name was Krishna following his dark complexion. He was smiling in mind. It was his nature. His tremendous intelligence helped him to understand every single details of life. Nothing could be suppressed or unseen from him. His both eyes were seeing even the unforeseen.

 His both eyes were seeing even the unforeseen

Lord Balram with wife Revati

When Lord Krishna was thinking of the archery competition and smiling in his mind, his elder brother Balaram Balvadra entered the room. He was quiet for a second to watch his young brother's reactions. By seeing him nodding his head and smiling in his mind, Balaram could not stop to ask him a question.

"Kanha (another name of Krishna), what is the cause of your smile?!!"

Lord Krishna looked at the direction of his big brother and flipped his own eyelids innocently.

"Me?!! Smiling?!! Dau (big brother), you must have made a mistake."

"Listen Kanha, I have been well aware of your tactics

"Listen Kanha, I have been well aware of your tactics. Don't you try to do that trick with me." His brother told him with a deep frown.

"Dau, seriously. You are always like this. I am not seeing anything. Swear to you." Lord Krishna tried to touch his brother's hands.

"Jane do (let it go). I know you will not tell me. Anything." Balaram looked quite broken hearted.

"Acha (okay) Dau. Ask me anything. I will reply you." Lord Krishna replied.

"What happened to Hastinapur?!!" His brother asked excitedly. He knew his brother's quality of teleportation.

"The ceremony was perfectly grand. Both Yuddhisthir and Arjuna received standing ovations. But the spotlight fell on someone else's face." Lord Krishna told him the truth.

"Now you are telling lie to me, Kanha. Who could steal the spotlight of our mighty cousins??!!" Balaram looked anguished.

"Who knows. May be another cousin."
Lord Krishna smiled mysteriously by pressing both of his lips together.

His brother Lord Balaram was in shock. He knew his brother's habits very well. Whenever he smiled like this, it meant something was going to happen soon. He felt restless inside.

He stood up from the seat and said "Kanha, then we should go to meet our cousins and Buwa (aunt, father's sister) Kunti as fast as possible."

"Uhhu (no)" Lord Krishna nodded his head dismissively and slowly to add this line "We have to wait. Before time none can enter into the scene. Neither destiny nor even us."

                         Lord Balram

Lord Balram

Balaram looked at his brother with agitation. This mysterious aura and speech of him was just unwelcoming. He failed to understand the sense of the warning. His brother should try to talk straight. But he loved to make the situations complicated.

"Then what should we do?" He asked again.

"To wait and watch from far." Lord Krishna also got up from his seat and started pacing the room. "Destiny has to play foul before our entry in the scenario of Hastinapur."

He was so right. Cruel destiny was playing hard to encourage a brother (Duryodhan) stabbing Yuddhosthir, his another brother, for the sake of the throne in Hastinapur. And the play was just about to begin where Karna was a mere pawn too.

************************************