Chapter 3: The Mystery of the Slit-Mouth Woman

It has been a month since Akihiko and Fusae met each other, and over that period, they were growing as close as ever, sometimes acting as if they met themselves since childhood, or being a couple. Both of them denied this, and soon, another urban legend was roaming and on the loose: Kuchisake-Onna. There have been rumors about kids going missing and are soon found dead with slit mouths. The group soon hear of this rumor, and they decide to call Kou so that he could exorcise the spirit. They say that if you wander alone in the evening, get ready, since she will appear and will ask "Am I pretty?" say yes, and she will reveal her slit mouth beneath her mask. She will then ask, "Am I pretty now?" say no, and you will be killed by her scissors, and if yes, she will give you a smile just like hers and you will die from the bleeding.

When class ended, all five of them go to the place where she was last seen: The street right across the school. All of them were scared, while waiting for her, they realize that one of them has to be alone, and it has to be human. They soon decide Nene will be the bait, with the others hiding, Hanako being closer to Nene, and Kou hiding on the opposite side to exorcise her by surprise. Nene was walking, scared for her life, when she encountered a woman, she asked if she was pretty, and Nene replied with "Y-Yes..." trembling as she said it. She then took off her mask, revealing the slit mouth, and asked "Am I pretty now?" Nene decided to not answer, which made the Kuchisake-Onna impatient, and was about to slash her, when Hanako and Fusae interfered. Both school mysteries then fight her with Kou exorcising her when she was almost able to overpower both ghosts.

After exorcising her, they were all relived, with Akihiko and Nene caring for the respective ghosts. They then call it a day, and head back home, until they run into Tsukasa. "You have such a lovely girl, don't you" Tsukasa said with a sadistic smile. Fusae charges at him, saying that he should leave them alone, until he says he won't unless they would tell him where Hanako is. Fusae rejects it, saying "I WILL NEVER BETRAY MY LEADER!!!!!" She then charges at him again, and was able to make a shallow, but long cut on Tsukasa's cheek. He then disappears saying "You will tell me, eventually...." Fusae calms down and turns around a shocked Akihiko, since she has never acted that way before. She then tells him that he is an enemy to the School Mysteries, and they leave without saying a word....

To Be Continued....

Note: also, spoilers so yea-

 Fusae took Kuchisake-Onna's scissors while fighting Tsukasa ok.