Chapter 7: I am Not Four

Christina's POV

"Hey Chris," Hazel starts cautiously.

"Not in the mood for pity."

"No no. I wasn't-I" she tries. I smile to tell her am okay. Yesterday Justin worked like therapy.

"You didn't come over yesterday." I pretty much sleep five days a week at her place so she tends to worry when I don't show up. That's Haze.

"I was just hanging out with Justin. And it got pretty late then so I didn't want to wake you. I know you were tired."

"Never tired for you. But wait-Justin?"

I laugh. I forgot everyone thinks we are sworn enemies. Well, we somewhat were until yesterday.

"It turns out that passing out a whole night on beach sand drops some sense and Justin Carson is capable of becoming a half-decent guy. Less of a douche. In fact, he even bought my bike keys so that I didn't have to go back to the tent. Hate to admit it, but that was considerate of him."

"Why didn't you want to come back to the tent? And you let Justin sit on your bike? Andrew and I are too scared to ride on it and I haven't seen you offer it to anyone else."

Oh. She doesn't know about that night on the beach. 

"Justin and I bonded I guess."

"You are hiding something. Yesterday's ride back in Justin's jeep felt weird. Both Grace and Andrew were so quiet- they won't even meet each other's gaze. I tried asking Grace later on and she said if it's anything important you'll tell me."

Why the hell do I have to explain anything?

"May I sit here?" Andrew asks.

"Why are you asking that? Come sit. Something is up with Chris and she won't tell me. Only you can convince her." says Hazel. Andrew clutches his tray tighter but doesn't sits.

"Tina?"

Asshole is using my childhood nickname. Fuck him for playing the emotional card.

I look at him, "Couldn't care less if a weasel was sitting here. And why act now-you obviously didn't care about my feelings before. One more time won't hurt."

Hazel sharply intakes her breath.

"You didn't pick up my calls. Didn't even check my text. Where were you?" he starts.

"Uhh" I look at my watch, "The last time I checked, I don't owe you any explanations."

"I am sorry, I screwed up."

"Too late. Can't hear you over the traitor vibe you are radiating."

"Don't do this-talk to me Chris. I was worried about you the whole-"

"How dare you," I promised myself to stay calm but I am seriously losing it. "After everything you have the audacity to tell me you were 'worried' about me! You've got pretty strange ways of expressing that."

I so wanted to smash him with that tray, but I know words hurt Andrew more. "Like I said yesterday. Fuck you Andrew Vaughn."

I storm out and before I know it I am outside my locker hugging Justin.

"I feel like a bad person."

"Oh shut up. I know you feel better taking it out."

"I kinda do." And we burst out laughing.

"Chris?" Hazel calls out in a small voice more surprised than ever.

"I'll be waiting in the parking lot." Justin says patting my shoulder, "Bye Bitsy," he says winking at her. That asshole will never change.