Chapter 9: ...and We'll be Even

Justin's POV

"Grace, please do this for me."

"Why don't you call her yourself?" she asks.

"I tried. Went to her place yesterday and you know she didn't come out. I would have done a window stunt but her father kinda intimidates me."

"He's protective of Haze that way." she smiles, "Hazel didn't tell me what happened yet. But she kept crying when I came back from my grandma's place this morning. She was pretty hurt. I don't know if I should be helping you..."

"She has to hear me out. One chance is all I am asking for. Just convince her to come to the park and talk to me. Five minutes is all I am asking."

I hated looking so desperate but I can't let Bitsy think we were using her or shit, any less than I can let Chris be this upset. This week has been hell for her-loosing both Andrew and Bitsy like this.

"If you don't do this today, Chris and Bitsy may never speak again. Are you okay with that?"

"I- I'll get her here in fifteen. I better not regret this."

"You won't."

The emotional card always works on chicks.

***

"Bitsy-thank god you are here!"

"I have a name. Not that you ever cared." she snaps.

Damn who knew there was so much sass behind those bangs. I almost thought of sleeping with her at that minute. Justin, not now!

"Grace, thank you for your help. I'll drop her home soon."

Grace hugged her and was about to leave when Hazel stops her.

"She's not going anywhere. Whatever you have to say, do it in front of her."

"It's kind of personal. I- it won't take long."

I see Grace turning a bit awkward. "Hazel, don't worry. If you want, I'll wait right outside."

"If she goes, I go as well. After all, you have quite the reputation with girls."

"The fuck. I am not a freaking molester! Every one of them consented, okay? They wanted it. I never forced myself upon anyone. Not once."

Justin, it's okay. Remember what Chris said, 'if you know it in your heart you did right, you don't need to explain it to anyone else. You can't fool your conscience, you can't lie to yourself. And everyone else's opinion is bullshit.'

"I am gay, ladies."

"Haha, are we supposed to believe that?"

"I am bisexual, maybe. I don't know-still figuring this out."

"I am really confused."

"Don't blame you, I myself am."

At least she's listening, and boy does it feels lighter to say it out loud-'I am gay!'

"I have slept with girls. And I won't lie- it has been fun... But it was a distraction. I like girls but I never had feelings for any of them, like the way I feel about guys. So I think I maybe gay or bisexual-like I said still figuring out."

"Chris knows this?"

"I told her on the beach that day. And she's been helping me out. We went to some people who have been here. Joined a support group. Understanding everything."

"It must have been hard. I am sorry you had to feel trapped like that. Does it feel better now? To accept everything?"

"Surprisingly, it does. I was gonna tell you guys soon. My family and team as well. But I needed my time. Hazel, that's why Chris told you not to date me. She was giving me my time, so she couldn't tell you the whole scene, but she also didn't want you to ask me out because that would be the first time you would be asking someone out and I would have to turn you down, hurt your feelings. Chris would never want that. Hell that bitch even threatened to kick my ass if I ever hurt you. Don't tell me I admitted this, but I would rather not enter in a kick fight with her. She's crazy with her limbs."

They chuckle as Hazel wipes the tear of her face while Grace rubs Hazel's shoulder.

"Told me to turn into a half decent guy if I even want to consider dating you because 'my Haze deserves the best' she had said. But even yesterday, she didn't me once that you had feelings for me. She said it wasn't her secret to share."

Hazel couldn't control that sob any longer, "Why did I do that! Said so many ill things. I hurt her so much. Even you Justin, I am so sorry."

"I am okay. Just allow me to call you Bitsy, and we'll be even."

***

Q: I am having a hard time decide-is Justin an ass or  a sweetheart ? 😂🤷‍♀️👀

Love and Peace.

Stay Amazing,

Sania