No Communication

"Where's the target?" Walsh speaks into his radio. Glancing out the windows of his car waiting for any kind of movement.
"Target is under the bridge, He might follow the canal to get away." A woman speaks from the other end of the radio, her voice a whisper. Walsh exits the car, pushing an earbud into his ear and connecting it into the radio. Gun in hand he walks towards the bridge, carefully muffling his foot steps.
"Target only knows you're here, don't remain too silent. I'll sneak up from behind and cuff him." The woman's whispers into Walsh's earbud. He heavies his footfalls and holds his gun even lower, peering over the railing near the bridge. Walsh could see the feet of the man, put kept walking as if he didn't. The female officer sneaks down the ladder into the canal, water up to her shins. As Walsh keeps walking parallel with the rail, the target backs away slowly and slips from Walsh's vision. The women steps with the same pace as the man, whose still heavily focused on Walsh. She pulls out her cuffs slapping one on the mans wrist, pulling the other one behind his back.
"Sir you are under arrest for manslaughter, resisting arrest twice, and violence against an officer." She speaks angrily and victorious. But the man does not seem phased at all, in fact he smiles. He reverse kicks the side of the woman's face. She tumbles to the ground, rolling in the canals water.
"Oi!" Walsh jumps the railing and lands on his feet, aiming the gun at the target. The man laughs, twisting his arm until it dislocates. He grunts then flips both arms over his head, then pushes his arm into place. Walsh stares wide eyed at the man, his huge arms easily adjust back into their original position .
"How about we raise my bounty." The man speaks as he punches Walsh in the face, causing him to spin and drop the gun. The man trudges towards the female officer as she tries standing up. He grabs her neck, pushing her head under the water. She fails her legs and claws at the man's burly arms.
"Get your hands off of her!" Walsh screams, punching the man in the face. He barely flinches then headbutts Walsh's stomach. Walsh sputters, his foot bumping the gun he dropped. The woman's flailing slows and her arms fall limp into the water. Walsh reaches into the murky canal, pulling out the gun and aiming it at the man. He pulls the trigger and the mans screams letting go of the female officer. His arm drips blood where the bullet hit him. Walsh runs over to his fellow officer and stands defensively over her body. Reaching for his radio.
"We need that back up, fast." He aims his gun at the burly man, who is still crouching in pain. A car turns the corner and two more officers jump out of the vehicle. The target jumps up without warning and runs for the ladder, climbing with only one hand until the other officers kick him back into the canal. They scale the wall and point their guns at him. With three barrels aiming at him, the man stands up and flashes his cuffs. Walsh nods at the other officers and they both take one of his arms.
"Take him to your vehicle. I've got her."
"Yes sir!" They push the man up the ladder and into the car. The female officer coughs behind Walsh, sputtering the water out of her lungs. Walsh holsters his gun, reaching down to pick up his fellow cop.
"Morris!" He shouts at her, causing her to open her eyes.
"Shut-up, Walsh; And put me down I'm not a baby. Where's the target?" Morris barks at Walsh.
"Back-up came and got him. Now guess what, I can finally call that case closed."
"You mean the one where you had to babysit that kid? Was he the last killer?"
"Yes he was the last, but she's not a kid anymore. How many years ago was it... six?"
"How am I suppose to know? I was assigned to be your partner only a year ago." Morris steps up the ladder, her feet scale the rungs smoothly. Walsh follows suit, carefully stepping on the rusty metal bars.
"I should call up her family and tell them all people involved with the murders are no longer on the streets."
"Why? You aren't still chummy with that girl, are you?" Morris shoots an accusing glare at Walsh, but he just laughs it off.
"No, Morris. Its nothing personal, just protocol." He pats her shoulder, walking to the car.
"Yeah right... you only took the mission because you wanted her to find closure." Morris mutters to herself before sighing and following Walsh to the car.