Wake

**200+ reads!**
Sara POV
I woke to repetitive beeping. Beep. Beeeep. Beep. Beeeep. I panicked, the beeping increased. I realized that I was in the hospital. Again. I soon had an itch on my neck, but when I went to scratch it, I realized my arm was in a cast and my neck was in a brace. Not to mention, I had a killer headache. I whipped the thin blue blanket off the reveal my leg in a cast and my back in a brace. I tries to remember what had occurred, but it all blurred together. I closed my eyes and sighed.

It had been a week since the accident, and I had learned that I had a bad concussion, and my neck and back were sprained. My parents loaded me into the car, without saying anything. "Where are we going?" I asked curiously. "Oh, nowhere, just out for a drive." My mom replied. After a thirty minute drive, we pulled up to the animal shelter. "What! Wh-Thank you!" I yelled realizing why we were here. They rolled me in, and they told me I could get anything. So I directed them to the kittens area and reached into a cage, pulling out a very small grey kitten with blue green eyes and blackish grey stripes on its back. Kit. I decided. "Her name is Kit. But we aren't done here." I directed them to the puppies section. I pulled out a small brown and white spotted little mutt. Coco. I decided. "Her name is Coco. But we aren't done here." I directed them to the back of the shelter, were the sad, unadopted animals were in there cages. I grabbed the saddest dog and the saddest cat. Sadie. I decided to call the sad golden retriever. Blu. I decided for the cat. "Kit, Coco, Sadie, and Blu." I said. I had new friends. They just weren't human.