Part 5- the nightmares

Loud whimpers woke up Brett and Casey. They got out of bed confused on the noise. Casey and Aaliyah were discharged a week ago. Brett and Casey walked down the hall and heard the noises coming from Aaliyah's room.
"No!" Aaliyah's voice sounded scared, "I don't want to! No! I won't drink it! Leave me alone! Ahhh! That hurt! Stop it!"
Brett and Casey were alarmed and went into Aaliyah's room. She was tossing and turning in her bed. Brett and Casey walked to beside her bed and bent down. Casey shook Aaliyah's shoulder gently. Aaliyah struck out an arm, catching Brett in the eye. She fell back, her eye painful. Aaliyah woke up.
"Mommy?" Aaliyah saw her mom on the ground holding her eye, "did I do that?"
Brett nodded, "it's not your fault."
"I had a bad dream!" Aaliyah began to cry, "and I hurt you."
"Hey!" Casey picked up his daughter and sat her on his lap, "it's alright!"
Casey began to slowly rock Aaliyah.
"It was the man. The one who made me drink the liquid." Aaliyah explained.
"It's ok!" Casey kissed her head.
Aaliyah nodded and Casey took her into their room and lied her in the bed. Then he went to the freezer and grabbed an ice pack for Brett to put on her eye. He went back to the room and gave Brett the ice pack before snuggling beside Aaliyah. They soon fell asleep. The next few following nights, Aaliyah kept having the same dreams over and over again. They decided to take her to a psychiatrist. They arrived at the appointment and are taken in. The psychiatrist came in a second later. She sat down
"Hi I am Dr Mantai. I specialise in paediatric psychiatry." The doctor introduced herself, "I understand that your daughter is having some trouble with sleep?"
"Not so much sleep." Casey explained, "but Aaliyah was forced to drink cocaine and heroin by an EA at her preschool and she has been traumatised by the event and is parasomnic about it."
"I see." The doctor look at Aaliyah, "hi sweetie, I hear you've been having some bad dreams?"
Aaliyah nodded while cuddling closer into Brett.
"I'm only hear to help!" Dr. Mantai smiled gently before looking up, "I believe she may have PTSD going on the symptoms. I would like to run one test."
Casey nodded. The doctor took Aaliyah out of the room and came back a few minutes later. Aaliyah ran straight to Brett and climbed on her lap and cuddled into her.
"So what's up? Brett asked
"I'm diagnosing her with PTSD, social Anxiety and Separation Anxiety." Dr. Mantai explained.
Brett nodded, "any medication?"
"Uh huh" Dr Mantai "Citalopram for the PTSD and sertraline for the anxieties."
Brett and Casey nodded. They received their prescription and went to get Aaliyah's medication. It felt wrong having to give their child medication. The next morning they gave Aaliyah her 4 pills. She took them with a glass of chocolate milk. Then they got her ready for school. They took her to school then went to work. They finished their shift and went to the babysitter's to pick up Aaliyah. They took her home and spent the day at home.