Chapter 6: Decisions

A/N: Ha! I'm not dead yet! Just had a massive writer's block. Anyway enjoy this chapter!

'Hello Barbatos, long time no see.'

That voice, that cold sharp voice. He had heard it before. Long ago. From a time he'd rather forget, but he couldn't. Due to his immortality he could life forever, but no creature would be sane with memories worth millenia in their minds. He and the other archons found a simple solution to this: simply forget something happened. It could be compared with a phenomenon that occurred a lot in mortal elderly: dementia. This way they would remember about a mortal lifetime worth of memories. But some events that they experienced were so horrifying, so terrifying and so brutal that they could never be forgotten. This voice came from such an event.

The anemo archon's eyes widened and he started breathing quicker and quicker until he was full-on hyperventilating. 'Venti? Are you...' Jean asked as she was concerned for her friend, but was cut short. 'He's just remembering a very unpleasant time,' you said as you stood up from your seat. Everyone turned their eyes at your direction. Your steps echoing through the humongous room, like thunder, as your heavy, knee high, black boots hit the ground. 'What do you mean?!' grumbled the redhead with a giant claymore on his back, for which he reached. 'I wouldn't do that if I were you,' you warned him and then spreading your arms. 'Look around you and tell me what you see,' you said. 'A big room and a lot of guards,' Bennett said. 'Not to mention, me,' you told them. 'You won't be getting out of here alive by force.' 'He's right Diluc, they heavily outnumber us. It's not worth it,' Jean beckoned him and he let go of the grip of his Wolf's Gravestone, albeit reluctantly. The acting grandmaster of the Knights of Favonius turned to you. 'What do you want?' she asked. You walked towards them until you were ten meters away from the group and said: 'It's quite simple actually, I just want what belongs to me.'

'What do you mean? We've got nothing that belongs to you,' Amber said, slightly confused. 'You're right, you don't have something that belongs to me,' you admitted to them. 'Then what do you seek?' Barbara, the young nun and idol asked you. 'You assumed that I desire something, but the truth is: it's not something, but someone. Multiple someones actually,' you explained. Your answer didn't sit well with the group and all of them reached for their weapons. 'I have warned you about how this will end if you do that,' you reminded them of their helplessness in this situation. Every single person in the group was a great fighter, even the young Klee, but your guards were too much for them. And that was just their sheer numbers, not to mention how though they are to fight, but the group didn't have to know that yet.

'Why do you require these people?' Jean asked.

'I haven't even told you who they are,' you said.

'That doesn't matter. I want to know why you want them.'

'When you walked here, what did you see?'

'What kind of question is that?'

'Just answer it. There's no harm in answering a question.'

'We saw a lot of hilichurls, miwachurls, dark creatures and even some automatons.'

'Indeed, hilichurls and automatons. Now another question for you: do you know their origins?'

'They are monsters and machines that appeared one day 500 years ago in Kheanri'ah and started attacking people.'

'And what took place 500 years ago?'

'The fall of...' Jean started and her eyes widened as she finally understood what you were implying. 'You're saying that the fall of Kheanri'ah and the appearance of hilichurls are connected?!'