ɪ. 𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘻𝘰𝘮𝘣𝘪𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥

tw - blood, guns, violence

Do you, like, never speak, or

I speak, I just chose when. Sabes, like everyone on earth does.

THE BRUNETTE LAID BACK against the old dusty couch in the old apartment that the QZ provided

THE BRUNETTE LAID BACK against the old dusty couch in the old apartment that the QZ provided. Aitana wasn't allowed to go out most days, so she mostly spent time in the apartment, alone.

Sometimes before either adult got home she'd have dinner ready, but today she was tired and did not feel like moving. So on the couch, she lay, listening to the faint sound of music come through her Walkman. It was quite peaceful.

That was until the apartment door opened making Aitana jump up, flipping out her switchblade. She calmed down once seeing it was Joel. "Calm down, Kid." He put his hands out as he stepped in, "just me." Aitana nodded, closing her blade. She noticed how tired he looked, miserable even. The QZ's jobs sucked from what she knew. Throwing bodies into a big bonfire, cleaning out the sewers.

Joel closed the crappy apartment door behind him, locking it, then proceeded to walk over to the 'bedroom'. A bedroom that simply had a mattress that was held up by cement blocks, and a run-down dresser. Aitana peaked around the corner and watched him move said dresser out of the way, causing dust to fly in the air. The Texan then removed wood panels from the floor, piling them to the side. He pulled out weaponry, drugs, and other things that they had to hide from FEDRA. Finally he stopped digging around once he pulled out a stack of maps. He then proceeded to put everything back, except for some pills. "What's that for," Aitana whispered as he walked past her with the maps in his right hand, the pills in his left.

Joel waved the girl off, "you don't need to worry about it." He replied, placing the maps down on the table, setting them up, and tracing his fingers on the lines of the maps. The two had never been close. Yes, Joel didn't like the idea of Aitana at first, but soon enough he warmed up to her, but he still had a wall there. A wall that was strong and probably made out of the best metal one could find.