x. 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴

tw - talks about suicide attempt ( s ), killing, guns, violence, sadness

And me?

I definitely need you.

"HOLY..." AITANA TRAILED OFF, looking around the RV which Joel had found. It was better than the pictures had been, way better.

Joel stood at the entrance of the car house with a small smile while watching Aitana marvel at the simple things in life. He kept having to remind himself these girls grew up behind a brick wall, they hadn't lived as his Sarah did.

"This is... woah." The young girl was at a loss for words as she looked at the dusty bunk beds in one corner, and a large queen-sized bed in the back. Drawers from dressers and cabinets littered the floor, and the smell of rotten food came from a small fridge in the corner. "You wanna travel in one of these things?" He questioned as he searched cabinets, taking medication from them.

Aitana shrugged, "it's a casa on wheels." She deadpanned, before walking down the aisle towards the front seat, sitting down in it, and gripping the steering wheel in front of her. The girl turned it, pretending like she was driving. "You know, Kid, maybe when we get back to Jackson I can teach you to drive," Joel suggested, leaning his arm on the seat. Aitana looked up at him, not removing her hands from the steering wheel. "Really?!"

He nodded, "you're fifteen, right?" In response, Aitana turned her body to him and smiled, "thank you." She said in a sincere tone before hugging the man. Joel hesitated but hugged the girl back, "I'll wait outside with Ellie." She said before letting him go and hurrying out of the RV.

Joel stood there, slightly shocked, but then smiled before continuing to look through the RV. Aitana had walked over to Ellie who sat on the back of a truck, legs dangling over the edge as she looked off into the distance with a dazed face, lost in thought.

Ellie had been quiet, very quiet. It was unusual for her and it was apparent to both Joel and Aitana. Ellie was never this quiet. It felt weird. "Ellie?" Aitana said softly as she took the girl's hand. The immune girl tore it away, returning to Earth as she looked over at Aitana, "I'm sorry."
She apologized, relaxing her tense body and letting her hand rest in Aitana's. "Don't be."
The teen said softly, squeezing her hand.