Chapter 1

3RD PERSON P.O.V

Waking up to calls was the least thing jade wanted but still she did wake up. She stretched and grabbed her phone. After seeing the caller ID her hope was broken it was not the person who she wanted to call.

She picked it up and muttered a weak 'hello' while getting off the warm covers. "Is this jade Carson?" The one on the other end asked. "Yes" she said and rubbed her eyes.
"I hope you remember me jade" her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"No I don't, who are you" she asked him going to the kitchen to get some water. She heard the guy at the other end chuckle. "It's alan bloomgate" she almost chocked on the water when she knew who it was.

"Oh alan I'm sorry I didn't recognise your voice" she said as she kept the glass in the kitchen island and sat on it. "No worries jade, I just wanted to let you know that there will be a party in duskwood and everyone here expects you to come"

"Oh... I am not sure" she wanted to go there but she can't leave her sister alone."this party is for you jade, everyone in duskwood is so grateful that you helped Hannah" she thought about the night she knew that richy was MWAF.

"If you say so alan, but I will try my best to come there" after the little conversation. She started to think about her friends. And about a special hacker who made her heart flutter even if she never saw him.

She shook her head and thought if she really needed to go there. After that day she literally cutted off her friends and never texted her them and didn't pick up their calls.

She felt betrayed by Richy, she thought of his as her own little brother. Her phone again ringed and this time it was her assistant. " Yes Charlie" she asked him while looking at the mirror." Jade, you have to come her right this second and remember this is urgent that's why we are calling you" her eyebrows furrowed, I thought I had the day off.

"Don't I have a day off today?" Jade questioned knowing the answer already."I am really sorry but they requested that you need to be here immediately" she heard him sigh " fine I will be there" she said rolling her eyes and hanging up the call. She went to the shower and stripped off her clothes before getting into the shower.

The cold water hit her body as she sighed in relief. Her body stiff from yesterday's training, her muscles relaxing under the cold water. She scrubbed her body with her favourite coconut coffee body wash, and washed her hair using Vannila shampoo. After a few minutes she stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around herself.

She went to her mirror and took out a blow dryer from one of the cabinets and plugged it on and started blow dry her hair, after it dried she combed her blonde hair. She went out and picked out an outfit, after 20 minutes of deciding what to wear she finally chose an outfit.

She wore a maroon button up shirt with black jeans and pinned her LAPD badge on her jeans. She then tucked her gun into her waistband and grabbed her car keys and left her house not before locking it. She started driving to the police department, she called her sister.

"Hey mininon" she said as her sister picked up her call, she chuckled hearing her sister groan at the nickname. " I am tall now so stop calling me that" she smiled softly and replied." Really are you that tall?" She joked " yea I am tall and I'm gonna be taller than you in a few year" She gasped jokingly." Is my baby sister growing up, oh I feel like crying" she said and heard her sister laughing.

" I'm 15 for God's sake jade" she said with a sigh" yeah yeah I know, so I wanted to ask you when are you gonna come home" she remained silent for a while " at 3 in the evening maybe" she hummed. " Okay I will call you later bye jade" she said" bye Kells" and she hung up.

She thought about the morning Alan called her inviting her to duskwood. She is gonna there, she needs to face her friends. But what if Jake was there? What If he didn't recognise her. She shook her head and focused on the road in front of her.

After a few minutes she reached the department, she exited her car and went in. She saw Charlie typing somthing on his computer, she cleared her throat to get his attention. He looked up and relief washed over his face, "Thank goodness you are here jade" he said coming up to her, "what is something that is so important that I have to come all the way from my home to here in my day off" she asked him with an raised eyebrow.

"There's been Tripple homicide on a bar" Charlie said with a sigh. " What?! Three homicides?" She asked with her eyes slightly wide." Yep and they want you to go there, apprently detective Myers went there because there was some guy making trouble but turns out he murdered 3 gaurds on his way out" she nodded the wheels were turning on her head.

"Okay I will go there check it out but I need a favour" she said looking at him." Sure spill it out" he said " I want to take the week off" his eyes widened" a week off?!" He shouted as she nodded." I need to go somewhere for personal reasons" He took a deep breath and thought for a few seconds." Okay I will take care of the the weeks cases but you gotta leave after finishing this case " she nodded with a smile.

"Let's go find a murderer" she said walking out while smirking. She is gonna go to duskwood and that's for sure.