Chapter 2

3rd person P.O.V

After a long day and solving the case jade returned to the station. She went to her office and sat on her chair,and took out a phone and texted Alan that she will be coming. She took a cup of black coffee and drank a sip letting out a satisfying 'ah'. She massaged her forehead, it was 8 in the night.

She wanted to go to her house and have a good night's sleep. She yawned and covered her mouth with the back of her hand, she pulled her phone out of her pocket and texted her boss about her day off and streched her limbs.

She got up from her chair and left the station and got inside her car and drive to her house while singing summer time sadness by Lana del Rey.

JAKE'S P.O.V

I pulled my hood over my head to avoid people noticing me and walked to the place I hate the most the Aurora Bar when I get there I see the others waiting. A small smile graced my lips as I approached them, it was Hannah's birthday so they decided to celebrate it in the bar much to my dismay.

"Jake!" Lily said and hugged him while I wrapped my arms around my sister. "Happy birthday Hannah" I said pulling away and hugging Hannah which she returned. "Thanks Jake" she said pulling away and going into the bar. As we entered
the bar we saw Phil talking with some ladies.

Everyone began celebrating as I sat on a stool and looked at them. "You miss her don't you?" A annoying voice said behind me, I hate when he is right and that is rare.
I sighed and nodded my head, yes of course I miss jade how could I not, I've been head over heels for her and Phil knew about everything.

From Richy being involved to me wanted by the government." I miss her too even though I never spent that much time with her" he said with a smile. I just sat still and looked at the others being happy but I know they miss jade. She became a very special person to all of us in such a short time.

I smiled at the memory, her jokes, our conversation which she would usually start. She didn't talk with anyone and ignored their texts and calls, the last time I saw her was when she witnessed the face time between Richy and Jessica. I didn't see her or receive her texts after that, I know she cares for me she always did.

She was hurt by Richy and it is okay, everyone else was and Hannah blamed herself for Richy's death. I put my head on my hands and let out another sigh and noticed that the person behind me is awfully quiet. I turned and saw the he was looking at his phone and was in shock.

The kind of shock that I would be if jade walked through the doors of Aurora now but that won't happen, she's probably enjoying her life in Los Angeles. "Did Alan bloomgate text you?" Phil's voice snapped me out of my thoughts, I shook my head no. He gave his phone to me as I watched what was so amazing in the news that shocked him this much.

My eyes widened, what I looked back at Phil to see him staring at his phone but soon broke into a smile. Jade is coming?! Alan managed to convince jade to come here. Does she know I'm here? If she did will she be happy? Or will she be angry that I didn't tell her anything about me being here.

My head was clouded with thoughts but one thing for sure jade is going to be here. Dan noticed my expression and and came towards me in his crutches he got rid of the wheelchair and used crutches because it has been 4 weeks. "You look like a kid who walked into a candy store, you good?" He questioned.

"Yea, wait you don't know?" I asked, they should know about it right. Did Alan not tell them? I thought they were the one who asked Alan to da a favor but they don't know? "Know what hackerboy?" He again asks me confused " Have you talked to jade?" I asked licking my dry lips waiting for him to answer instead he laughed." So the rumors are true you are head over heels for jade" he said.

"No jade is really coming, Alan messaged Phil about it" his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Really?" He asked me as I nodded. "Then that's great news, we should celebrate!" He said and dragged me where the others are. As we told everyone the news they were all so happy, especially Jessica. Maybe coming to the Aurora wasn't that bad at all.

JADE'S P.O.V

I opened the door of my house using the spare key I have. "I'm home!!" I said out aloud to Kelly, "hey jade" she said smiling at me from the dinning table. I slumped in one of the chairs and put my keys on the table. "Rough day?" She questioned keeping her phone is her pocket as I nodded. "Hey before I forget, I'm going to a town called duskwood tomorrow so why don't you stay with mom?" I asked her knowing she will say no.

"Nah I'm comin' with you" I rolled my eyes at her" listen to me and stay at mom's" I said and went to my room to change "when will you return?" She called out " about a week later or something" she scoffed "yeah no I'm not staying in that bitch's house for a week" I poked my head out from my room and glared at her for the language." She is our mom for crying out loud" I scolded her but she rolled her eyes.

"I'm comin'with you and that is final, okay" she said getting up going to her room hard having a teenage sister in your home. "Fine whatever" I said with a sigh and closed my door. I kept my phone in the work table and changed my work clothes into pyjamas which consisted of a emerald green full sleeves top with gray shorts.

I picked up my phone which started ringing, and the caller id as chief. I rolled my eyes and picked up the phone " Carson" I said into phone not bothering to hide the annoyance in my tone, "hey jade I have a favor to ask" she said ignoring my annoyance." Come on chief, it's my day off and you made me work on a homicide and now you are asking for a favor" I said plopping down on my bed.

"Please jade, I ask this as a friend not as your boss" I groaned " fine tell me" I gave in " You need to solve two murders and one kidnapping case although the kidnapped person has been found" Why the hell does it sound similar " which place is it?" I asked barely blinking, this can't be happening maybe this is a coincidence but deep down I know it's not.

" I think a town named duskwood" she said unsure as I mentally groaned " I'm LAPD for a reason, you know the full form? Los Angeles police department" I said calmly even though I was panicking on the inside. "You are the best one we've got okay? And my friend asked especially for you" oh wait now it is all clear " fine I will go there" I could see the smile in her face " okay you and detective Evans will go there" I rolled my eyes at the mention of his name. I hate his name so much, why does he have to my favourite character's lastname.

"Oh and don't worry I already booked a house for you guys" she said and hung up. I laid on my bed, Wow Alan now I know what you are planning. There was not a party in the first place it was just a stupid reason to get me to duskwood. This a case where I know what happened and know who the killer is but I have to solve it with my ass of a partner. But one thing for sure I would go to any extent to save my friend and Jake even.

Sorry this chapter is kinda (very) messy, I promise the upcoming chapters will be good and I will try to update soon.

I love you guys and thank you for reading my story. Make sure to vote and comment because I would like to read your comments. Stay safe everyone!!
                                                                         -- PD