Chapter 4: Exploring new territory

New chapter for my friends, hope y'all like it!

😊

Alastor held his mate in his arms as he stirred himself from his deep slumber. He closed his eyes and nuzzled into the back of Angel's head, letting his face drift through the soft hair there.

Suddenly Angel's stomach growled beside him. They needed nourishment, what time was it?

He glanced at his clock on the wall and was surprised to see it was now noon. Well that surely meant Husker would be bringing food soon.

A knock was heard at the door. A clink of a tray being set on the ground and a flurry of footfalls signaled Nifty had just delivered lunch.

Loathe as he was to remove himself from his comfortable position, he decided Angel's needs came first and surely he must be hungry.

Before he got up he gave a gentle kiss to the nape of Angel's neck in apology.

He extricated himself as delicately as he could, trying not to wake up the sleeping beauty.

As he pulled the covers off of himself, he noticed he was bare from the waist down.

Good Heavens! Did I sleep in the nude!?! Hopefully Angel didn't notice....

Alastor quickly put his sleep pants back on as he made his way to the front door of his home.

He opened the door to find a tray with two plates sitting atop it.

As he picked it up he heard the bedroom door open, Angel standing in the doorway.

"Ah, sorry for waking you, lunch is served." Alastor said as Angel came closer to inspect the food.

Angel picked up one of the covers, it looked like Venison and assorted vegetables.

"Ya really like meat, huh?" Angel asked, his eyes focusing back on Alastor

"Well yes, it comes with the territory, I am a cannibal after all. Although I do mix it up sometimes. I know you've tried my jambalaya before, I can make all sorts of creole dishes. I'm also partial to cajun as well."

Alastor led them both to a small table near a door Angel hadn't seen earlier. As they sat down and uncovered their meals he looked curiously at the door. He wondered what it was.

"Hey Smiles, what's in there?" He asked, pointing at the door nearby.

Alastor glanced at the door, "Oh that? This particular suite came with a kitchenette. I don't really use it all that much as the kitchen downstairs is much more convenient to use and I don't really get company all that often."

"The fuck? You're just lettin a kitchenette go ta waste? Why are ya havin Husk and Nifty bring us stuff if ya got a perfectly good kitchen?" Angel asked in confusion.

Al swallowed down a piece of venison and said, "Well I had planned to be alone in here originally. It seemed a daunting task to have to make food for myself while also dealing with the symptoms of my rut."

"I thought ya said that Charlie set this up so we could get ta know each other," Angel said, taunting him with a sly grin.

Alastor had forgotten about that. His fork froze in midair on its way to his mouth. He looked at Angel and slowly put the fork down.

He wracked his brain for something other than the truth to tell him. He didn't want him to know he was his mate yet. It might frighten him away. Even though things had been going well, he wasn't sure if Angel would be receptive to a long term relationship with someone like him. No, better to avoid that particular truth for as long as possible.