Chapter 15: You don't need water to feel like you're drowning

Notes:

Yah I know I'm taking forever XD but I assure you it's cause I'm trying to make it good lol

....plus I have too many wips heh...

Anywhoo this chapter is dedicated to my amazing friend Shanimeartist. She's been so awesome to help me out when I wanted feedback on stuff and she even made a fantastic art piece for this chapter, which I couldn't be happier about 😍😭 So thank you so much Shannon! 💖 Link to original post - 

https://twitter.com/shanimeartist/status/1617382654135128069?s=20&t=RZfcKpKhKVixppNKySptIA

DO NOT TAKE OR UPLOAD ANY ART IN THIS STORY.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Angel couldn't help but feel a bit apprehensive. He could feel a sizable bulge twitching against his hip insistently as Alastor swiftly carried him to the bedroom and he grew more excited with every step.

Were his rut instincts finally kicking in?

Would he go savage?

Angel was eagerly waiting to find out.

However, to his inexplicable disbelief it was quite the contrary. Though Alastor could indeed feel the hot surge of lust spreading throughout his body, a persistent voice in the back of his head reminded him of his earlier blunder.

His rut was urging him to tear the dress off his mate and ensure he bred him thoroughly, multiple times if necessary. But he couldn't stop the sight of Angel's haunted face in his mind's eye.

No.

Tonight would not be about frenzied mating, he'd take things slow for once. He'd show Angel how things could be with someone who took his feelings into account and treated him with soft gestures and decency.

It was with great surprise when instead of throwing him down onto the bed in a fit of raging hormones he was instead settled down gently atop the plush comforter.

Alastor moved slowly, his movements reserved, like a cautious deer that caught sight of a friendly human beckoning it to their side.

Angel was confused.

Where was the need? The impatient appetite that he'd heard about from sinners in rut?

It seemed that Alastor was more focused, more deliberate in his movements than he'd ever seen him.

He leaned back as Alastor carefully crawled on top of him. There was a small intake of breath when Alastor lifted a hand to his cheek and just cupped it gently.

Alastor stared into his eyes, tenderly looking down at him while brushing a stray thumb against his skin in reverence. A furious blush blossomed across his face under such a soft gesture.

"You have beautiful eyes, you know. Has anyone ever told you that?"

Angel, who had been holding his breath, let it out with an embarrassed squeak and shook his head. Of course some had complimented him before but usually so they could get in his pants, not like now, not the way he was saying it.

"J'aimerais que tu puisses voir à quel point tu es belle à travers mes yeux. "

Angel sank down a bit further into the pillows, clenching his thighs tight against the throbbing that plagued him from those dulcet tones.

"Mmmph please mio cervo, don't tease me like that, Dio aiutami..." He trailed off helplessly.

Alastor gave a small smile, moving forward slowly and molding his mouth to Angel's in a tender kiss.