Chapter 7

[🍋]

Arashi sat in the sand watching the waves. The sun was just rising. A warm breeze blew, she inhaled the salt air deeply. She was deep in thought about the events from last night.

The town nearby had been plagued with fear over the disappearances of some of their local fisherman. Men were going out on their nightly runs, but by morning their boats were found run around, or smashed to pieces on the rocks.

Arashi walked the village, but nothing seemed out of place. It was late in the night, the streets were quiet. Everyone was in their homes, afraid to be out in the night. A shutter blew, slamming hard against it's building wall. She continued to walk past the shops. Arashi had just passed a potter's shop, when she noticed a lone pot sitting outside on the ground. She stopped. What is that doing outside? She took a step closer, and stopped. Something was off. Sinister. She flipped her sai up into her hand. She heard a plop and the sound of something sliding into the nearby bay. She gave a last look at the pot and ran towards the sound.

She reached the bay a moment later, but there was nothing. The water was still, black in the night. She crouched down, and saw blood. Arashi's eyes narrowed. Something slithered in the water. Suddenly she felt something wrap around her ankle and pull her into the bay. Arashi stabbed at the tentacle wrapped around her. She fought her way to the surface, gasping for air as she expelled sea water.

"And here I thought I'd have another easy meal." She looked up, a demon with tentacle-like arms swam towards her. Arashi was in trouble, she couldn't effectively fight in the water. She swam as fast as she could to the shore. The demon was just on her heels. With her last bit of strength she burst out of the water and turned, "Third Form: Cyclone's Strike." The water demon launched itself at her, she crossed her sai and beheaded it on impact.

—————

She sighed. The danger had passed, but she felt no better. Arashi idly traced her finger through the sand. She didn't want to go back, to see Rengoku. She continued to watch the waves.

"It's beautiful here, I see why you like it so much." Rengoku said quietly, standing behind her.

Arashi did not look at him. "Do you have further orders for me, Lord Rengoku?"

"No."

Arashi stood, "Then I'll be on my way. You should not have come all the way out here." She began to walk away.

"Arashi, wait... please," he almost whispered. Arashi stopped, but still did not face him.

"I'm sorry. For everything. I treated you cruelly. It was unfair of you. I'm deeply ashamed of my actions."

Arashi whirled on him, her eyes burning with anger. "You barely acknowledged me for weeks after we returned from the mountain. And then you all but called me a whore for something you knew nothing about! I didn't tell you about my past, didn't give myself wholly to you, just for you to toss me aside like garbage."

"I know. My actions have been unforgivable. I was blinded by jealousy and hurt when I saw you with Sanemi. I know now, that you have no feelings for him."

"And when we got back? What do you have to say for that? You barely even looked at me when you were around." She continued to regard him coldly.

"It wasn't because I didn't want to." Rengoku stepped closer to her. "I thought that I would not be able to fulfill my duties properly if I acknowledged what were were." He tentatively put his hands on her arms, Arashi did not pull away. "But even when I tried to push you from my mind, you were always the first thought that came to me."

"Kyojuro..." her anger was fading. Everything had been one big misunderstand after another.

He smiled softly as her. "I have dearly missed hearing you call me by my name." He brushed a strand of hair behind her ears. Her eyes met his. Eyes of fire and of the sea. "Beautiful," he whispered, leaning in. Rengoku kissed her, missing the way her soft lips had felt against his. He deepened the kiss, their tongues gently playing with one another.

Arashi pushed him to the sand and climbed on top. She placed needy kisses along his jaw, nipping lightly at his neck. She felt him stiffen against her. Arashi ran her hand lower, smiling wickedly at his need. She kissed him again, and released him, her hand wrapping around his member. "Arashi," he moaned against her mouth. She positioned herself over him, moving her skirt out of the way, and lowered herself onto him. They both gasped with longing. His hands gripped her hips as she rocked against him. Soft moans of pleasure escaped her. He bucked his hips into her, holding her in place as he picked up the pace. Her moans were getting louder as he continued to fuck her. "Kyojuro, please" she whimpered.

"That's it, almost there" he grunted with a smile, knowing she was close. Arashi arched her back slightly, her orgasm came like waves crashing against the beach. Pleasure took her completely. Rengoku was at his limit, with a final thrust he reached his orgasm with her. They lay there on the beach together for the rest of the morning, watching the waves crash onto the shore.