Chapter 36

Today is the day of Emhal's party and yuh would a think a mine to how me heart a race.

I'm just praying everything turns out the way I want it to and nothing flips cz I've missed countless night rests to get this done because of the mere fact that its a secret and I had to try and get some planning done at night when Emhal's asleep.

He isn't a heavy sleeper and him nearly catch me few times but by the grace of God he didn't.

It's now 5:30 on this pleasant Saturday morning and I'm making him breaks fast. Had to wake this early cz by 6:00 him eye dem wide open.

Sleep a kill me but me affi mk me baby day special. He's done soooo much for me and it's only right to return the favor not only on his birthday but everyday when I'm able to.

I added the final touch to his breakfast then tried to fast walk to the room before he got up.

As soon as I pushed the door open with my foot he was about to walk out.

We both looked at each other and bust out laughing

I hissed my teeth. "Why yaffi wake so early ? Gwaan back go lay down and mek me bring it come gi yuh."

"Me stand up yasuh jus gimme nuh b" he says laughing.

"Nooo gwaan back go lay down." I tell closing the door behind me then walking past him to the front of the bed.

He walked back to the bed and I placed it on the night stand putting back the sheet on his legs.

He looked at my laughing while shaking his head.

Taking up the tray I placed it on his lap.

"Happy Birthday baby daddy." I tell him pecking his lips twice. "I love you".

"Thanks. I love you too." He says taking a sip of his orange juice

"Weh yuh have planned fi today?" I ask while sitting on the other side of the bed watching him eat

"Spend time wid me wife and baby. Nuh too inna the party vybz."

Yaffi guh inna the party vybz this evening me sorry.

"Think yuh would a go drink wid Poppy and Dove dem."

He paused eating and stared at me intently

"Everyday yuh seh me always gone and me naah stay home wid yuh now me seh me a stay home and yah move side ways. A weh yuh up to ?"

"Nothing me jus a seh. Today a yuh birthday nth nuh wrong if yuh guh have a drink wid yuh fren dem." I tell him while taking a few grapes from his fruit plate.

"Me nuh inna the mood fi dat right now so we will see how Lata guh." He says placing the empty tray on the night stand.

"Yuh like it." I ask him.