Aura

*Sigh

"What on earth just happened?" Myles asked rhetorically.

"I should be asking you that!" Daisy queried.

"If only I also had the power to erase minds," Myles muttered with a tired expression.

" I can hear you, you know," Daisy said with her face about five inches away from his, Myles raised his head to see her bend her back and look directly into his eyes; he was squatting at the time.

"Look, if you have powers, why keep them from me?"

"If you had, will you tell me?"

"Uhh..."

"See... you won't know who to trust at that moment."

"Yeah I guess..." she replied.

"Umm, may we go back to my class please?"

"Never mind your class, I'm going home... besides my mom keeps asking after you, so it would be nice if you came."

"I suppose so." She stood properly, helping Myles stand.

They went down the stairs and headed to Myles's place. Daisy and Myles have been friends since childhood, Myles was six and Daisy was five when they met. She looked at Myles who was in a deep thought stage, she wondered what he might have been thinking about. Myles opened the door and ushered her in then followed shutting the door behind him. She heard his mom's humming melody coming from the kitchen, so she plunged her jacket and the couch and ran towards the kitchen.

"Hey mam" hugging her from behind. Mrs. Scott dropped her spatula, turned around, and accepted the warm hug.

"How are you, dewdrop?"

"I'm doing well, you?"

"Oh, I'm great."

"That's nice to hear..." Turning to face Myles who was watching their union at the door.

"Hope you're taking good care of her?"

"Why do you care?" he muttered.

"Huh?"

"Never mind, I'll be in my room."

"Dinner will soon be ready darl, care to join us?"

"Sure."

"By the way, how's Nancy doing?"