Chapter 13

"How did they find out?!" Scarlett exclaimed as the drove like a rat running from a squad of cats.

"Oh no! We're so dead!!" Astrid beamed exclaimed, crying hysterically.

"Who are they? What...what do they want?" Jade asked, looking back at the SUVs behind them.

"Shit! Shit!! Shit!!!" Scarlett cursed as she swerved on a curve without stepping on the brakes. The cars did the same as they chased with ferocity.

"Those are the scientists that tried to probe me." Scarlett hissed.

"The ones your mom..." Jade started but was cut off.

"Yes! The same." Scarlett snapped, still driving carelessly. "What are they doing here?"

"Wait... Jade. At school, did anyone see you use your powers?" Astrid asked the already shaking teen.

"No...I...wait, there was a girl but I..." She stuttered.

"You what?! Stop stuttering like a damn fool and spill it already!!" Scarlett yelled, frustratingly.

"Scarlett, don't yell at her!" Astrid snapped at the hot tempered teen. "You're not helping!"

"And she is! My life is in a mess because of her. I left class cause of her and now I'm gonna end up in a lab... Again!!" Scarlett yelled.

"You're not the only one, are you?! Why do you always have to be so selfish?!!"

"I'm selfish?! I'm the one that gave your pathetic life something to do! Else you'll still be in that library being the talentless loser you are!!"

       Immediately, the air felt thick. Something's changed. Scarlett and Jade felt emotions building up in them  immensely...beyond control.

Guilt. It enveloped both their hearts... in a strange way. It was like two people were feeling it; because they were. Jade felt guilty for placing them in a pickle and Scarlett felt guilty for yelling at her friend.

Anger. It swooped in immediately, pushing away the guilt. Scar felt angry for this. She felt the emotion build up within her with each swerve. Each curve. Each second she looked at the side mirrors at the SUVs.

Sadness. It was bigger than the rest. The duo felt like they were suffocating with the emotion. It was filling them up and wanted out. They needed release...but they weren't sad so who...?

"Astrid..." Scarlett whispered as her eyes got blurry. She needed to get it out. She instantly felt regret. She had caused this. She had caused this emotion Astrid was feeling and now she was bearing it. She glanced at jade whose eyes were closed as she clenched her fist, trying to suppress it.

"Scar...?" Astrid sniffled, glancing at the girl. The car was slowing down, making their chasers approach faster. Scar's eyes were closed, as well as Jade.

What the...?

"Scarlett! Jade!!" She yelled as she saw an SUV make a move to hit their car. She grasped onto their shoulders and that was it.

The two girls released a piercing shrill  as a final transfer of emotions was made by body contact. Not one of anger...but fear.

Astrid didn't know what happened but she felt a force pass through her and out of the car. The closest SUV suddenly flew and came crashing down with a loud explosion. She held onto them tighter as she felt like she would die if she let go. The road around them broke, looking like a bombed area. And then...

They stopped.

The two girls were passed out, on their seats, breathing heavily.

What had happened?

She attempted to tap them when the door suddenly flew open and a man in suit brought what looked like a taser close to her and...

Black.