002

☆not proofread☆
September 5th, 2023
Sugarhill, NYC
9:09 AM

Naileas Pov:
TODAY, I decided to wake up early and be productive. I know. Doesn't sound like me at all, but i just felt like I needed to. Me and dd haven't talked since the last time I came over to his house. Which was also when he said he 'maybe' liked me. I really hope that didn't ruin our bond or anything because I actually like him back. Sooo when I'm finished being productive I'm gonna go see him.

I hopped in the shower and sung along to 'Snooze by SZA.' To be honest, that song is always gonna do it for me.

An hour passed, and I finished getting ready, and I cleaned the house a bit to put less stress on my mom. I grabbed my keys to my all black Mercedes-Benz and wrote a sticky note on the fridge saying I was gonna be out. After, I walked out the door, locked it and headed to my car.

☆☆☆

" ayee wsg muddy ." Notti said, dapping me up. " heyyy how you been? " I asked since I hadn't seen him in a minute." been good, u? " He responded. Notti is so nice. " I'm good, um is dd here I haven't talked to him in a while ." I said, walking in and sitting next to him. " yea he's upstairs with crystal rn ." I scrunched up my face at the name. " who? " I've never heard of that name before. " his girlfriend ," notti said, heading up the stairs to his own bedroom, with me following, of course.

" He didn't tell me he had a girlfriend ." I slumped on to the bed. If he had a girl, why didn't he tell me I'm his best friend he's supposed to. " Honestly, I'm not surprised, he hangs out with her a lot now ." He said. " are you mad at him ?"
" duh, he didn't tell me, how long have they been dating for ?" I asked furiously. " like a day after you had left the house which was the last time you came ." I sighed and laid back in nottis bed while he sat on his gaming chair.

I'm so caught up on that fact that dd had said he liked me not even a month ago, and now he's sitting in his room with crystal whose supposedly his girlfriend. " yooo nai u good? Wanna play? " notti asked me, handing another controller over. " Sorry I zoned out and sure ." That's why notti's a brother to me. He's always there when I need someone to talk to or do something with. Same goes for ddot. Speaking of him I haven't seen him in a while either.

" Hey could we invite ddot over? " I asked. " yea sure lemme js call him ." He said as the phone began to ring in his hands. " hello? " ddot said into the phone. " yo ddot you tryna slide, nai's ova ." He requested. " yea hol on cus imma head to the deli and hi nai ." He said through the phone. " heyy ," I replied.

☆☆☆

Time had passed by, it was 4:00 PM, 2 hours after ddot had arrived and was sitting on the opposite side of me with the other controller in his hands. I didn't want to play anymore since I was tired and also upset. " yo mh imma get going now ." I said while gathering my stuff to leave. " aii safety, text me when yuu get home ." Notti said. "    
bye mhh ." ddot waved. " byeee! " I smiled.

As I made my way downstairs I didn't see their mom I'm assuming she had went up to her room since it was real quiet. I heard another set of foot steps coming down the stairs, which had me thinking it was their ma. " hey ma- " I cut my self off while rolling my eyes, it was dd. " yo ma I ain't know u was here ." Dd said smiling and shi. " don't call me that ." I said to him as I was out to open the door when this nigga yanked me away from it. " what happened, why you mad ?" He asked mugging me. " I'm not mad now leave me alone ." He finally let me go and I walked out the apartment.

☆☆☆
DD'S POV :

I walked back upstairs to were notti and ddot were chilling. " yo ya know what's up with her ?"  I asked biting my bottom lip. " Ion know man, I mean like her mood went down when I mentioned you were with crystal. " notti said. I then realized that I had not told her I gotten a girlfriend. I also remembered when I "expressed" my feelings to her. But it was all true. " I fucked up big time ." I groaned shutting the door. I've liked nai for the longest, but I never knew how to really tell her. And now I think I just blew my chances.

I opened my room door where crystal was sitting on the bed while scrolling through her phone. " hey dd you okay? " she asked while I crawled up in bed laying between her legs. I guess she heard me groan. I nodded my head not feeling like talking. I was honestly angry.

☆☆☆
Naileas Pov :

I unlocked my front door walking in while taking my shoes off. " hey mami ." I cracked a smile, I didn't want her thinking I was sad. Which I was. " hey baby how are you ?" She asked; with her strong Dominican accent. " I'm fine mami you? " I replied with the same question. " I'm doing good ." She said while scrolling on her Facebook. That's literally all she does, but I still love her. I took my shoes upstairs as my smile faded slowly.

Well, I mean, dd was high, and when he's high things get to his head. I don't think he really meant what he said a month ago I mean look at him he has a whole girlfriend that I just found out about. I'm not heartbroken at that but at the fact that I actually like dd and now my chances are up. A tear began to roll down my cheek as I realized I was crying. Stop. I quickly wiped the tear I didn't want to cry myself to sleep even though it was the best way to fall asleep; instead I just laid back down in my outside clothes not caring and dozed off.

7:00 PM
Naileas Pov:

I woke up from a long ass nap, as I picked up my lavender iPhone 11 to check the time. " Damn it's 7?? " I said to myself. I looked through my notifications and saw messages and calls from one person. Can you guess? dd. The most recent one was 3 minutes ago, so I decided to call him back, though I'm still upset.

" yes dd? " I said not putting my face in the camera. " yo I wanna apologize to you. " He said.
" for what? " I lied. " for not telling you that I got a girlfriend. It felt weird to tell you after what was said a month ago, so I'm sorry. " it looked like he really meant what he said so being a nice person and accepting his apology. " it's fine dd I don't want to stop you from having a girl and I don't care about what you said a month ago, we're just bestfriends. " I smiled putting my face in the camera, even though it hurt to say that last part.

" thank youuu. " He smiled, showing his million dollar smile. He's so cute. " what'd you just say? "
He asked, grinning. " I'd didn't say anything. " I lied, um I said that shit in my head how the fuck did he hear me. " yes you did you said he's so cu--" I cut him off. " Okay, maybe I did now shut up, " this boy can be annoying sometimes. " Aww, you think I'm cutee? " dd said, dragging the e in cute. " I'm gonna hang up right now. " my finger was an inch away from the hang-up button.

" okay okay I'm sorry, can I come over? " He begged. " dd it's sooo late right now. " I said literally it being pitch dark outside. " idc I haven't hung out with yo ass in a long time since you wanna go MIA. " i mugged his face knowing he was the same on ignoring my texts. " no just for that. " I teased. " to bad. " He shrugged and hung up. Aww someone's mad.

A little bit after me and dd hung up I heard banging. " elijah can you get it! " I yelled. " busy! " this nigga always lying. I rushed down the stairs and opened the door. " bro dd what the fuck you doing here? " I said letting him in. " chill on that bro shit and I can't see my bestie no mo. " He said pulling me into a hug. Smell like drugs and cologne, but I can't argue that is an attractive smell.

A/n speaks !!!
How yall like this chapter? And I'm sad black history month over I don't got slaves anymore but it's okay cus these hoes think melanin March don't exist. I hate silent readers and voteeeee. 1524 words