Chapter 2: Firestrike

As the dragon slowly advanced towards Zoltan, he crouched, ready to spring to the right should the dragon be a threat.

From nowhere, he heard the dragon's voice,"You have become a summoner.....Zoltan. You have proved yourself worthy of being bonded to me, Starstrike, Leader of the Thirteen Protectors of Space, Vanquisher of all evils, and the Doom of Ghastfall. I am one of the only summoner dragons left in this World. All of my kin have been made into slaves for the king, Crinapp, and his evil dragon, Ghastfall, whom I once forced into submission. So I ask you again, will you, Zoltan, be bonded to me, to vanquish the king and his dragon once and for all?"

"So, if I bond to you we can work together to defeat Crinapp? I am not a good warrior. I cannot work with a sword or bow." replied Zoltan

"When a dragon and a human are bonded, the human becomes one of the strongest warriors and are given the power of magic. The dragon becomes more mellow and less violent." Starstrike said.

"I would do anything to get rid of Crinapp and Ghastfall, our people have lived in fear for too long. I will be your rider, trainer, friend, and helper, Starstrike." Zoltan exclaimed.

"For this you will get a enchanted bow and enchanted sword. They will both be blue, the color of my scales." replied Starstrike.

There was a flash of blue lights. The lights writhed around a stick fallen from a tree, and when the lights gradually faded away, there was a sword's sheath colored dark blue, with a hilt sticking out. Zoltan walked over to the sheath and grabbed the sapphire studded hilt. He yanked the sword out and gaped at it in amazement.

The sword was a strange mix of colors depending on where the light hit the sword. When the light fell on the sword, it became a lighter shade of blue that reflected light, but when the sword tilted the other way, it seemed to become darker and sucked in the light. The sword was beautiful and dangerous at the same time. The sword felt like a extension of Zoltan's hand. It was very lightweight and seemed very sharp. Zoltan swung the sword at a thick tree, and the sword glided through it as easily as a knife would cut soft butter.

"That shall be your sword, and this your bow" said Starstrike.

Starstrike faced the tree and roared defiantly. The writhing blue lights reappeared and twisted around the tree. As it faded away there was a bow left in the spot of the tree, along with many arrows. Zoltan cautiously approached the bow and picked it up.

"Now you are truly a warrior and rider." said Starstrike. "Climb onto my back"

"Wait...what? Why?" inquired Zoltan.

"Because you are not nearly strong enough to face off against Crinapp and I am not strong enough to face Ghastfall. We must train as in the past. In the Thirteen towers of the protectors as in the past. That is where we must go. Over the ocean to the island Firnest."