Chapter 4: Ripflame

As the dragon neared them, Zoltan drew his bow and strung a arrow in case the dragon turned out to be a enemy. It's wings were enormous and the tail was twice the length of it's body. The mottled green scales looked like dirt and grass on the Earth's surface. Starstrike roared and projected his thoughts to the larger dragon.

"Ripflame, we are your friends, I am Starstrike, Leader of the Thirteen Protectors of Space, Vanquisher of all evils, and the Doom of Ghastfall, Last Protector of Space." Starstrike told Ripflame.

"VERY WELL" boomed Ripflame," YOU MAY LAND ON TOWER 13. WE SHALL BEGIN OUR TRAINING TOMORROW......" Then, with that, Ripflame disappeared into a small dark green emerald that fell into the hilly expanses of the island.

Starstrike dove towards the island, flaring his wings as he got near the largest tower. The middle and largest tower was made of gold and silver. It had six large window sized gems in each side of the tower. On one side there was a emerald, a ruby, a diamond, a zircon, a amethyst, a peridot. On the other side there was amber, a topaz, a agate, a turquoise, a pearl, and a opal. At the very middle, above the door and between the 12 stones, there was the largest sapphire in the world. It was the size of Starstrike and carved in the likeness of a star. The star shone and shimmered in the shining light.

Starstrike flared his wings open and Zoltan could feel his sockets straining. Then he tucked his wings in again and zipped into the tower through the tall doorway.