Compulsory Filler about Classes

A month went by quickly as everyone got into the routine of things and well, I think I am doing fine. McGonagall's a strict old woman, Flitwick and Slughorn are the best teachers I have ever met and I still haven't met a kid outside the group I met outside the train, excluding a few.

So, on the first day, Professor McGonagall had handed the Gryffindors their schedule for the week. At least three of each subject occurred every day with Charms and Potions being the most abundant classes, and Astronomy being taught the least.

Transfiguration was easily my favourite. I loved to turn one thing into another and the theory was not harder than the physics theorems I revised back in high school. McGonagall was a fair teacher but really strict, I get that it's necessary but honestly, that's a bummer for me. I mean, who doesn't love a teacher who likes fun?

Charms is easily the most exhausting and fun class. Flitwick usually made games and quizzes for the students to complete which are easy to complete. A girl named Lily Evans is really great in them, she earned Gryffindor many points using her talent and brains. By the end of the class, you would be drowning in sweat but the grin on your face would make it all worth it.

In one particular Charms class, Flitwick introduced us to Lumos, the wand-lighting charm. That class was for theory so it wasn't too exciting but Flitwick cracked jokes which kept our attention on him. Near the end of the class, James and Sirius, who were sitting together, began to make mischief and ended up mispronouncing the spell as well as doing the wrong wand movements. The duo ended up red, yellow and blue and looked like clowns. That one was a memory I would forever cherish.

Potions . . . well, let me show you.

Slughorn entered the class with a thick book in his hand and a proud smile on his face. He was a short and fat fellow with a thick moustache and balding hair. He had blue eyes and small round glasses sat in front of them on his round nose. He looked like a grandfather more than a teacher.

Slughorn opened his mouth and asked, "Does anybody know how to make a forgetfulness potion? I forgot!"

Silence filled the room, except for a couple of giggles, and one student set his hand high up in the air awkwardly. Slughorn gave a thick chuckle and told him, "C'mon, Mr Snape, tell us now."

Snape was a tall and thin kid with a huge crooked nose, shoulder-length black hair and angry black eyes. He had a permanent scowl on his face and even the bright light of the classroom seemed to be avoiding him. Is he a vampire?

The boy answered dryly in his bored voice, "You would need two drops of Lethe river water, a couple of Valerian springs, two measures of the standard ingredient (a mixture of dried herbs, which is used in almost all potions) and four mistletoe berries. Firstly, you would-"

Slughorn interrupted and said, "Excellent, Severus! Take five points for Slytherin, now, who else knows the procedure?"

Classes would go like this, with Slughorn using class participation and complimenting whenever he sees a good potion. He had never praised James, Harry or myself but Sirius and Lily Evans had gotten compliments on their talents.

I really must talk to this Evans girl sometime, she seems to be an interesting character.

Now, the History of Magic class is so boring that I don't even attend it anymore. Nah, that's a lie, I have to attend it. I mean, everyone does, so how can I not? Though I do make sure to carry earplugs with me to block the sound of Professor Binns, our ghostly teacher. I also just read the subject book during that time.

What do you mean I am boring? I can be not boring. It is just that I love reading history. Really.

Next, Defence Against Dark Arts. Sounds interesting, yes?