Chapter 11

Author's POV

After that night, Engfa's behavior began to change. Every evening Engfa goes out to hang out, while during the day she maintains her professionalism, especially when she has to work with Charlotte.

No one has noticed the new routine from her. Most days Engfa will be drunk. This has caused her to lose focus on her work, her dream, her future. Everything seems to be just a blur now. She's often exhausted from the work that overloads her. Engfa thought that what she was doing could heal her unhealed wounds and fatigue.

While Engfa was in an unstable state, someone had been watching her for some time. In fact, she had already intended to approach Engfa.

Engfa had no other choice, since the wound had not yet healed. She needed someone to distract her from her longing, so she began to befriend someone, but no one knew about it.

From this moment on, every single step Engfa takes is accompanied by her sister too, P'Dad. In every task where Engfa has to go somewhere, her sister is also there. This is because her sister senses that something is wrong with Engfa's behaviour. She's the only one who can sense this change. A more subtle change when P'dad began to suspect something. Engfa's phone is often contacted by someone. Every minute that passes is spent on a video call.

P'Dad POV

Today I am going to Surattani because Engfa has an invitation to perform there. She has to perform a traditional dance in a temple. To give an insight here: I followed Engfa for a reason, I am concerned because I see her behaviour changing.

We went there and boarded a private vehicle at the request of Engfa. As we were on our way there, Engfa's cell phone suddenly rang. Their conversation just looks like fun, but after their phones ended, Engfa back to silent and expressionless. I've experienced this situation a few times recently. This time I feel the need to ask something.

"Who called you? Was there something I should know?" I watched Engfa for a while before continuing driving.

"No one. Don't worry, there's nothing you need to know. Don't forget to stop by where I said. My friend is waiting." Her casual reply made me even more suspicious. Immediately I stopped my vehicle at the side of the road.

"P'Dad! Why did you stop?" I took a long breath before starting a conversation. "What friend? Just tell me what's going on here? Do you really think I have only known you since yesterday?" Seeing the tense look on my face made Engfa surprised. She covered her face with her hands and sobbed.

I can be a very protective person when it comes to Engfa. Engfa rarely acts like this. But seeing her condition now makes me very sad. I hugged her as tightly as I could. "Who hurt you? Don't worry, I'm here now. Please tell me baby sis..." I gently stroked her head. Engfa's crying subsided, but her condition was still not good.

"It hurts like hell, P'Dad. Can you help me forget someone? Just bare with me.." she sobbed and continued. "I miss her but I don't want to miss her.. and it hurts.." as soon as I heard her expression it broke my heart. I know who she means. What have you done in your past life to make you hurt like this? As a sister I can't bear to see her like this. All I can do for now is to provide support.

"So, which friends of yours are we picking up later?" I tried to change the subject so she wouldn't remember the heart breaks she was facing. "The one who just called." she replied shortly. I hope that what you are doing will not cause any problems in the future. But whatever happens, I will still be there.

"Okay. Have you known her for a long time? I saw that you were happy talking to her earlier." Meanwhile I continued driving again. I must know who she is friends with so that she is not taken advantage of. I must protect her by all means, no matter what the cost.

"I have worked with her before. Do you remember me as Madame Fin presenter? She is one of the product ambassadors." I recognized that person. "What makes you want to be friends with her sis?" Engfa was silent for a few moments before she answered. I could tell she was uncomfortable with my question. Am I being too pushy?

"I need someone to distract me from this pain. I can't fight alone P'Dad. I'm too fragile." that an honest confession from her. Okay. I'll accept your reason for now, but that doesn't mean I approved the relationship. I need time to do background check plus I won't accept anyone except Charlotte. But things are complicated now. 

I saw their chemistry. I saw how they look at each other. Maybe it's a matter of time. They need time to understand their own feelings. This is one of the factors for what is happening now.

Author's Note:

Hello guys! sorry for the late update. This chapter is the short one I could give. I want to show some perspective from Engfa's sister. 

There will be more angst for few chapters. Sorry naaa.. Those who have been following Englot from the beginning probably know what will happen next.