"I'm here." (Chapter 5)

—————————————————

It all happened so quickly.

The second the stone had shattered, a figure dropped to the ground. Lying on their side, practically debilitated.

They were shaking, and attempting to move. Though it was practically impossible for them to hold themselves up. Any strength they had was failing them.

Inpu stared, not knowing what to say. All while grasping Ricarro's sleeve, who seemed a little teary-eyed.

Set kneeled down next to the figure. The son of Khonsu. Cal.

A solemn expression was displayed on his face as he tapped a finger on the ground. Not something you would ever expect to see from a God of chaos and calamity. A look of pity.

Seemingly ignored, Set moved his hand closer to Cal, and laid it on his arm. But the second his hand made contact, Cal shoved him away, standing up for a brief moment before falling onto his knees. His right leg splayed from his side. Cradling his left closer to his chest.

Cal's eyes were unfocused, but they carefully watched Set. His breathing was labored, but soft exhales could be heard if you were close enough.

Set moved to stand up, but only managed to prop a hand on his own knee before Cal flinched, his breaths halted for a moment before they picked back up again.

Ricarro nudges Inpu's shoulder.

"What do we do..?" He whispered.

Inpu shrugged. Any movement greater than that could, and would scare Cal.

Set thought for a second. Pondering possible options. He looked up at Cal, not knowing what to do anymore.

Cal glared at Set. Tightening his grasp around his leg, slightly wincing. He hadn't said a word this entire time.

Xylo couldn't help but stare as the interactions unfolded. Cal was here. He was alive. But he wasn't acting right. He was scared. This wasn't the Cal Xylo knew.

Hesitantly, Xylo started to walk over to Set and Cal.

Cal broke his gaze at Set to look at the cause of the sudden movement. Xylo stopped for a moment. Letting Cal watch him.

He seemed to relax a bit. His grip on his leg loosening.

Set looked at Xylo and nodded. Silently telling him to approach Cal.

Xylo sat down next to him. Cal didn't seem to be afraid of Xylo. Mainly just nervous.

"Hey..." Xylo whispered.

It would be a longshot, but Xylo had to try talking to Cal. He had to.

"Can I look at that...?"

Xylo made a gesture towards Cal's leg.

Silently, Cal moved his hands away.

He seemed more comfortable with Xylo than Set. Which was no surprise. Especially since Set looked different now. Cal probably doesn't recognize him.

There was a gash in his leg, bleeding. Had it been there the whole time Cal was stone? Did something happen before he was turned to stone?

"Xylo...?"

Xylo looked up at Cal. He had said his name. Cal did recognize him.

Xylo carefully put a hand on Cal's back, before pulling him into a hug.

"Yeah. I'm here."

—————————————————

Yeah so this took a lot longer than it should have taken to write.

Anyways, reunion time! Cal is back!

I'm going back to bed now. I don't care that it's 10:41 in the morning where I live. I'm tired.

Words: 513