The Hunter & The Hunted

Washta was performing her routine runs to stay fit as she made her way to The Hazelnut Spider. She was hoping to see if her efforts alone with those who were with Tyrik could help with the search for her older sister after all. Yet... Something was telling her that whatever had scared Shadi was following them, almost like it was hunting them from even their tribal reservation located in Miami, Oklahoma. Washta and her sister belong to The Shawnee Native Tribe, one of the five tribes in The Great Lakes of North America. Shadi herself was a news reporter, while Washta has yet to figure out what she would like to do for herself. 'This isn't the time to think about what I should do for my future... I need to focus on helping these guys right now.' The Native Woman reassured herself while taking a drink of water from a canteen upon seeing The Tavern close by. 'Maybe they would be able to pick up on things I missed... Even though I tried to find Shadi myself... Amari must have discovered something important if both she and my sister were to just disappear...' Washta reasoned as she sealed the canteen and placed back onto the holster aside her waist. Washta had the physique of an athletic woman as she adorn an attire to match this. Being consistent with a sports bra, sweat shorts, a canteen strap around her waist, and running shoes. The strap that held her canteen also possessed a fanny pack on the front, where her phone rested. Holding what Washta had collected to share with the people she will be meeting. Her hair was colored black and had been braided into a topknot to ensure that her hair would not get in the way of her runs. Washta's eyes are colored deep brown and adorn dark tannish skin color appropriate for fellow Native folks such as herself.

The sound of The Tavern's Entry Bell rang out as Washta entered the building. Though, unlike Tyrik, Washta did not see the various Mythics in their true forms as she entered. All she saw were the average person, which was made possible through a cloaking aura that Mythics can produce to hide their more outlandish appearances to hide in plain sight among humans. "Welcome to The Hazelnut Spider, young lady. Would you need a room for the time being, or is there anything else I could assist you with?" Asked Arachne as she professionally approached Washta, the change to her form being a pair of legs and a knee-length skirt of a businesswoman.

"Uhh... Actually, I am here to meet with someone." Washta explained sheepishly before the woman, "His name was Tyrik if I remember correctly." She added on with a nervous expression accompanied by a hand gesture to match.

"Ah, you must be Washta then." Announced The Tavern Owner with a smile, "I can take you to the young man. He and his friends have been expecting you. Hopefully, you will be able to find your sister and Amari. She is a close friend of mine." Arachne went on as she guided the athletic Native Woman to the crew. Washta was a bit surprised to hear about this detail with Amari, not expecting the private investigator to befriended more people than the enemies that came with the job.

Shortly, Washta was brought to the room where Tyrik, Ricky, Kathleen, Judy, and... "Holy Crap! Is that Actually Esmeralda!?" Washta exclaimed in utter disbelief at coming across such a celebrity of her stature. Her glee at meeting the famous magician was uncontainable as she began to bounce up and down before rushing over to Esmeralda. "It is such a pleasure to meet you! I am a HUGE fan of yours!" Washta announced as she violently shook Esmeralda's hands as she yelped in fright from Washta's actions, being absolutely over the top.

With that, thankfully, Kathleen intervenes by grabbing Washta's wrist away from Ms. Revanna. Adding on with a judging glare for the unintentional disrespectful antics that came from Washta. "Mend yooehrself arooehnd me client. I dahn't appreciate it when you rudely fahrce yooehrself ahnto Esmeralda...[Mind yourself around my client. I don't appreciate it when you rudely force yourself onto Esmeralda...]" Kathleen declared with a small growl as she tightened her grip. Swiftly, Washta nodded to confirm she understood her threat as Kathleen promptly let go of Washta's wrist. "Good to 'ear. Now, mend tellin oehs what you know abooeht ooehr predicament?[Good to hear. Now, mind telling us what you know about our predicament?]" The Irish woman asked with a sigh of relief. It was refreshing to hear that she wasn't gonna be playing babysitter twenty-four-seven for everyone present. After all, Esmeralda and Judy were already hard enough to maintain. Hell, Judy has a bad habit of tinkering that often ends up creating massive explosions that end up with her paying for all of the damages. This led to her habit of drinking whisky almost all the time.

With a quick deep breath, Washta unzipped the fanny pack to draw out her phone and proceeded to disclose the information of which she was aware. "I couldn't find much regarding what Amari had found out regarding my sister. Though, from what Shadi had discovered from her investigation regarding someone named Perov Fyodor." The Shawnee Woman began as Judy seemed to recognize the name.

"Isn't that the Russian General who has been investing in Arcane Energy lately? Heard that his granddad was someone who worked at that Nuclear Power Plant that went to hell..." Judy began as she did her best to recall what was the name of The Power Plant, "I think the place was called... Uhh... Cha... Cheri... Chernybe... Chernobyl! That was the name!" The Gearhead exclaimed in triumph that she hadn't completely forgotten how to say the name.

"That is an odd detail..." Tyrik announced with a raised eyebrow.

Washta was quick to confirm this detail before she continued on about Perov, "Well, Shadi uncovered that Mister Fyodor seemed to have more ties to Arcane Energy than most people. Not just that, he has people watching the companies that discovered this energy in the first place. I mean, why would you be spying on the same people that you are investing in, right?" Questioned Washta with confusion that began to be shared with the others.

"Perhaps 'e doesn't want dem to learn too moehch abooeht de energy itself... Den again... Dat doesn't make moehch sense either and leads to mahre questions, too.[Perhaps he doesn't want them to learn too much about the energy itself... Then again... That doesn't make much sense either and leads to more questions, too.]" Kathleen pondered as she rubbed her chin in deep thought regarding this oddity.

Tyrik then came up with a more important question to bring up, which would bring up more clues regarding the mystery that was among the crew. "Did you know where both my mom and Shadi went? It could reveal more details if we could retrace their steps." He suggested this kind of thing with a keen mind for this kind of thing.

Ricky chuckled in amusement as he soon began to ruffle his best friend's hair in a brotherly fashion, "Guess the apple doesn't fall from the tree between you and your mom's detective skills, huh?" He joked before Tyrik flung his arms about to shove Ricky off of him.

"Okay, boys. Enough messing around." Esmeralda stated with a charming smile and a hand on her hip. "We need to focus right now." She added before she turned towards Washta with a curious expression, "So, did they leave behind a clue to where they went?" Esmeralda questioned as Washta was thankfully able to answer the question presented before her.

Though, as the crew took off the Redwoods King Canyon Park, the same van that belonged to Lin and his team of White Star Agents was close by yet hidden from sight. It was quite clear that The Fire Monkey was extremely pissed from his last encounter with Tyrik and his friends. To the point that some of the electronic equipment was being affected by the heat radiating from him. "Uhh... Sir, I think you are destroying our tech through your grudge against the Rookie Mythic..." Agent Robert timidly announced before yelping in fear from a death glare from Lin Chao.

"Just follow them asshole! If you have any problems with me, take it up with the CEO." Lin angrily declared with an air chop of aggression. Promptly, the van was started and began to drive off after the ones who humiliated him as Lin Chao growled in frustration. However, as the van began to take off. Lin Chao felt an evil presence close by, the kind that belonged to a sadistic hunter as his eyes flickered into a golden color as he rapidly searched for what created this malevolent aura. It had frightened him to feel this dark presence, yet his enhanced vision could not locate the source. Lin soon quietly calmed himself, reasoning that it was nothing worth putting his thoughts into. Though... He could not shake the feeling that he had become the Prey of a Deadly Hunter.