[2]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

We travelled for quite some time. I didn't bother to ask where we were going but I knew it wasn't towards the waterfall. He had specifically said it was behind me yet now we were heading further and further away.

I kept my grip on him tight.

The pain in my legs grew a bit stronger now as well. The cuts were beginning to burn and I discovered a few more cuts on my arms as well.

It must have been late at night too. There was no noise in the forest. I had been trying my best to hear someone familiar but not a sound. It made sense though I was told the river was long and I could have ended up anywhere. Which also meant Candace and others might be anywhere too.

Finally, he came to a stop.

It snapped me up from my thoughts.

"We're here. I'll allow you to stay for the night and then you need to leave."

I nodded my head and heard the creaking of a door.

The floorboards underneath us creaked as he walked into the building. There was a dripping noise coming from somewhere inside and the building smelt of old wood. The door slammed shut behind us and he walked a bit further before speaking,

"Let go."

I let go of his neck and he let go of my legs. My body dropped onto something cushiony and I felt around. It must have been a couch. The exterior was a little hard but there seemed to be pillows on top of it.

I sat and waited patiently listening to his footsteps as they left and returned to the room. When he came back he dropped something over my shoulders. It felt like a towel and I used it to try and get rid of the water.

He stopped before me once more and his hand grabbed ahold of my leg.

"This might sting."

I could hear the pop of a bottle cap and then something cold began to drip down my leg. I bit my lip keeping in the pain. Something soft brushed against my leg. I winced and tried to move my leg but his grip tightened.

"Don't move damnit."

"Sorry." I apologized relaxing my leg this time.

He only clicked his tongue in response before continuing what he was doing.

After going over my leg he moved to the next. He brushed my legs with the same liquid from before and this time I held in any movements. When he was finished with both there was a ripping noise. It didn't take him long to wrap my legs in something soft.

"The rest should heal up on their own." He grumbled moving away.

"Thank you," I responded swinging my feet a bit.

They still worked but they did hurt.

"If you don't mind me asking what is your name?"

He didn't respond as quickly to this. I could hear him collecting the things he had brought out.

"What's yours?"

I listened as he shuffled around the room.

"Y/N." I replied.

He walked back over to me stopping in front of me again.

"Well, Y/N, you don't need to know my name. It's better you forget anything. Erase all of what you've seen from your memory."

I smiled more to myself but it seemed to make him a bit irritated.

"Do you think I'm kidding?"

I shook my head, "No. I mean no disrespect but you have nothing to worry about."

He huffed in reply and I listened as he walked around the room.

"It's late I'm going to sleep now. Don't do anything funny."

There was a clicking noise and then the scent of burning wood drifted in the air.

"Good night and thank you again."

He left the room without another word and I was left alone.

I lifted my legs up and turned them over so I could lie on the couch. The room was starting to get a little warmer now. I wrapped the towel closer around myself and shivered. My body was still drenched but I imagined he didn't have any clothes that would fit me anyways. Not to mention he was nice enough to wrap my legs. I didn't want to trouble him any further.

I was still a bit worried though. Candace would surely be out looking for me. I had to get back to them as soon as possible but in this state, I wouldn't be going anywhere today.

I closed my eyes and tried to get comfy.

No more thinking. For now, I needed rest.

Taking in one last breath I drifted off into sleep.

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««