Chapter 19 - A Story to Tell

(tw - Graphic depictions of violence)

(Nothing too bad, just Rush and Halt describing some... fun things they'd like to do to Shadow.)

Everyone was now gathered in Ambush's room, (other than Seek, screw him.) even though it was a little crowded. Screech and Window both sat at the foot of Ambush's bed, Eyes and Halt were leaning against the wall, and everyone else stood around Ambush's bed. Ambush was ready to tell them what happened to him down there.

"So, uh, I went to get a drawing I had been working on for a while, but then, some kind of pitch black monster jumped out from either a closet or behind the wall, and, well, I tried to scream, but I was cut off after, like, two seconds. Still, you guys most likely heard me."

"Yeah, your voice is pretty loud, even when you're not screaming," Rush teased.

"Hey, it's not my fault!" Ambush defended. "Anyway, let me continue my story!"

"Oh, my god, I swear, you guys are more like siblings than friends," Spirit joked, though there was a hint of seriousness in her tone. (Ambush and Rush are the siblings ever, fr)

"Ha, no. We're just best friends!" Ambush laughed, grabbing Rush's hand, pulling him down, and messing with his hair. After goofing off for a bit, Halt separated the two, and laughed with them after he accidentally pushed Rush to the floor. "Anyway, as I was saying, some weird shadow thing kidnapped me, and I guess I must have passed out, because I can't remember anything that happened afterward. I woke up later in a metal and concrete cell, and there was a voice that was, I don't know, whispering into my ear... though, I couldn't understand what it said. A few minutes later, Shadow burst in, punched me in the face, and started yelling at me."

"I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch," Rush muttered dangerously. "I'm gonna tear him limb from limb, then stab him in the eye, and then I'll slice his head off, and mount it on a spike, then juice the blood from his body, tear the flesh from his bones, and feed it to a pack of wild dogs."

"WOAH, DUDE!" Glitch shouted. "Calm down! I mean, I hate him for what he did to us, but isn't that taking it a little too far?"

"It isn't taking it far enough," Halt growled. "I say we grind his organs into pulp, and then paint the walls of his lair with it."

"I think I'm gonna be sick," Screech said, holding his hand in front of his mouth. Sally patted him on the back sympathetically, and Jack whispered reassurances into his ear.

"Oh, dear, you guys should probably plan your vengeance somewhere more private. We still need to hear the rest of Ambush's story," Spirit said, picking up Screech and cradling him in her arms.

"Sorry, Guiding Light," Rush mumbled.

"Sorry," Halt said, staring at the floor.

"I am very concerned for you two's sanity," Ambush said, looking at both of his best friends, then turning to everyone else. "As I was saying, Shadow was yelling at me, but it was mostly incoherent nonsense. However, I picked up two things: one, I picked up something along the lines of, 'You useless piece of-' and then it cut off there, then I picked up, 'Idiots and weaklings, all of you.' I have no idea what either of those things mean. Then, he started hitting me a lot more, but I couldn't scream or cry for help, since there was this black shadowy thing over my mouth, which was most likely a gag of some sort. Since then, before I was saved, he came in every day to yell more and hit me more. It was torture, but during the other days, I didn't have the gag, so, knowing what I do about Shadow, he may have wanted to hear my pained screams, the sadistic bastard."

"That certainly is... a lot of information, but what can we do with it?" Spirit said, setting Screech back down on Ambush's bed. "After all, Shadow is still out there, and we need to stop whatever it is he's planning as soon as possible. Why don't we dissect this new information a little?"