Let me explain.

Jack sat down with a somewhat forlorn look in his eyes.

"Was that really necessary?" i nodded.

"Yep."

"You do know what I’m talking about?"

"Nope."

"Are you listening?"

"Partially." he groaned.

"Felicity, I’m getting really fed up with your attitude. You’ve been nothing but a Debbie downer ever since i let you come back."

"You didn’t let me come back to anything!" i snapped. "If i do recall, you were the one begging for me to come back."

"I didn’t want to lose you." i laughed bitterly.

"Ah, there we are. That’s the reason you've been trying; you feel bad for leaving me, don’t you?"

"More than anything. I wanted to marry you; i STILL want to marry you. I want to see that sparkling diamond around your wedding finger instead of your neck." i glared.

"If you didn’t remember, Jackie, i let you know when we started courting that i didn’t want my heart broken. And you did well for the first year." i spat. He groaned.

"Look, i know it was rough, but will you please understand-" i looked away.

"I told you, i don't want an explanation." i stood up, looking out the window at the ever present storm.

"You know, all black suits you. I'm proud of you for becoming so strong." i stiffened.

"I..." i swallowed. “Had to do what i had to do, Y’know? I didn’t exactly have a choice, so i grew up. And i became stronger. You have to when you're a captain of a crew of women. I wish to hell that any of my girls had made it out of there alive." i continued to look out the window, a tear trickling. "The Davy's Revenge should have gone down with its captain." i bowed my head, seeing the faces of my crewmen (Or, in this case, crew women) wash in front of me. Ackley, Mariner, Hawkins, William. Poor Hawkins was only thirteen. I felt a protective embrace wind itself around my waist.

"There’s nothing that you could have done, Felicity. You were asleep; all captains must sleep at some point. Hawkins should not have been left in the crow’s nest, but that wasn’t your fault, it was your lazy crew member who left her up there alone."

"Had i not left the colors up from earlier that day...?”

"Your first mate should have taken care of it."

"It was my fault jack. Don’t try to make it sound like it isn’t." i snapped

"If it was or if it wasn’t; you heard Davy Jones. They’re at peace." i sighed, my head bowing lower still. "I still can’t believe that you hate yourself for it enough that you'd endure Davy Jones’s employment."