Selfish Bastard.

A/N: omg!!! The second to last chapter of The Black Flame!!! Please keep commenting and liking!!! Thank you all!!! God bless!!!

I hopped up on deck.

"We need to get as much distance from this island as we can as fast as we can." Jack nodded in agreement.

"The farther away we get, however, the more vulnerable we are to the Kraken." He whimpered. Gibbs came up to us as Jack began carrying the jar of dirt to the quarter.

"What happened to the commodore?"

"He fell behind!" i said, knowing well that we weren’t out of this and that i needed to be very quick about everything.

"My prayers are with him." Gibbs said, following. "Best no wallow in our grief! On the bright side is, you’re back, and made it off free and clear." suddenly, the Flying Dutchman burst forth from the depths, and i tied my hair back tightly, preparing for all-out war. Jones stood on deck, a murderous look on his face.

"I'll handle this, darling." he said to me, letting go of my hand and cockily walking up to the rail. "Oi! Fish face!"

"Are you mad?!?" i screamed, knowing that nothing good would come from provoking jones. He held his jar of dirt up above his head, and i bit my lip, knowing that i was going to kill him if we survived this.

"Lose something?" Jack continued. "Eh? Congealy!" he stepped slightly too far to the right, and stumbled down the quarter stairs. He sat up, still holding his jar of dirt above him. "Got it! Come to negotiate, eh, you slimy git?"

"Jack, shut up!" i yelled, even though i knew he would ignore me.

"I'd listen to your first mate, Mr. Sparrow!" yelled Gibbs. At least someone was listening to me. Jack just continued, walking around in his cocky fashion while brandishing his god damned jar of dirt. Damn him; his constant shenanigans were going to be the utter and absolute death of me and the rest of his crew.

"But look what i got! I’ve got a jar of dirt! I’ve got a jar of dirt! And guess what's inside it!" jones was about to blow steam out his ears, and thus he ordered his cannons to be readied. Jack held the jar of dirt tightly, but wrapped his arm around my waist as well.

"What'd i tell you?" Jack bit his lip.

"I should really listen to my wife more often. Hard to starboard."

"HARD TO STARBOARD!" i screamed.

"HARD TO STARBOARD!" Elizabeth barked on the other side.

"Brace the foreyard." Jack mumbled.

"BRACE THE FOREYARD!" I screamed, continually barking out orders.

"BRACE THE FOREYARD!" Will shouted.

Jack pushed my head down, just as a cannon ball went whizzing by it, the first of many. Eventually, our cabin was destroyed by the cannon balls; i almost cried to see it. We’d spent our first night together in that room...

My thoughts were interrupted by another cannon ball. I noticed, however, that Jack's sea chest was untouched. I quickly dragged it out, knowing it contained our wedding clothes, marriage certificate, and other trinkets that were important to me and Jack.

"Good thinking, love." he said, throwing it on the mast. And chaining it there for safe keeping.

"SHE'S ON US!" Pintel shouted. My heart was pounding harder than it ever had been. I wasn't a girl to have fear; I’d lived in it constantly as a child, chained by the wrist to poles and left with very little food for a week or so if i was very naughty. I’d moved past all of my fears; but now, i was truly, utterly afraid.

"She's falling behind!" Jack exclaimed, and i grinned.

"Yes!" i shouted as the Flying Dutchman stopped dead in the water, fading fast behind us. Suddenly, a huge tremor rocked the boat, and Jack's jar of dirt shattered on the deck, the heart nowhere in sight.