Exert of Up In Smoke

Summary

After she is unable to save her husband, Jack Sparrow, from the Kraken, Felicity Sparrow (née Adams) is distraught, enraged, and all-around desperate to get her husband back. At the same time, Lord Beckett is gathering the East India Trading Company fleet to destroy everything she loves once again. If she can't get Jack back and figure out how to defeat the navy, then her whole life will go up in smoke.

I watched in utter sadness as people I'd known for decades were hung. I was loosing both friends and enemies, and I'd already lost my husband.

Shaking my thoughts of Jack out of my head, I zeroed in on one person who was now about to be hanged; a little boy that I'd known as Andrew, or at least I thought it looked like him. He was ten or so, with black hair. I nearly cried out when they listed the names of the condemned; it was little Andrew. he'd found me years ago while I was crying in an alleyway, after I was beaten by my parents. Just being back in Port Royal was awful for my memories.

Port Royal was bleak. My parents mansion was in disrepair, my mother having been hanged for her offenses earlier in the day. My father, who I saw on the porch of our house, was distraught. My sister, Elisa, was watching the hangings, her black hair thicker and shinier than it had been when I'd last seen her. She was seventeen now, and apparently due to be married, but even she looked dull and sad. All of port royal was.

I noted a bit of silver in Andrew's hand. From my place in the shadows, I heard him gently begin to sing.

"the king and his men

stole the queen from her bed

and bound her in her bones.

The seas be ours

And by the powers,

Where we will we'll roam." I looked over my shoulders, pulling my scarf tighter around my head. As the Black Flame, I was easily recognizable. A dark skinned man with an african style hat from next to him continued the song as the child was put on a barrel in order to reach the noose.

"heave ho, all hands, hoist the colors high." the whole line of people then began to sing.

"Heave ho,

thieves and beggars,

never shall we die." by now, everyone there with pirate in their blood began to sing, and I couldn't help but join too.

"Some men have died

and some are alive

and others sail on the sea

- with the keys to the cage...

and the Devil to pay

we lay to Fiddler's Green!" at the last refrain, the executioner pulled the lever, and the dropped through the trapdoors, Andrew's piece of eight falling to the earth.

The song had been sung.