Portal Shards & Cheesecakes

After Clary woke up from the shared vision with Valentine, she booked it out of the room since she didn't see Kassidy. Knowing that she was dating Jace, she decided it was her best bet to find him even if they were fighting.

Without knocking, the redhead barged into the blonde's room. "Jace-" her voice died in her throat, seeing him shirtless as he dried his hair with a towel. "Uh, sorry, I should've knocked, uh-"

He threw on a hoodie, used to people barging in without knocking. "Don't worry about it. What do you need?"

"Right." She cleared her throat, suddenly feeling bad for ogling her sister's boyfriend's chest. "I know you two are fighting, but do you know where Kazzie is?

A smug smile appeared on Jace's face at the new nickname. "Kazzie?"

The new shadowhunter blushed a small bit. "It's what I called her when we were younger." She explained. "I couldn't pronounce her name right, and it just stuck."

"And it will continue to stick." Kas said, walking into the room as she dried her hair. "What'ch need?"

Clary's eyes bounced back and forth between the two, confused. "I thought you two were fighting."

"We talked about everything last night." Kazzie threw the towel at her boyfriend who caught it before it could hit his face. "What's wrong?"

After Clary told the duo about her dream and how she was sure they could use it to find where her mother was being held, Jace took it and dangled it into the air, getting a better look at while Kas stood back a bit, getting a bad feeling from the jewelry.

"And he spoke to you?" Jace asked, wondering if he heard right.

Clary nods, somewhat terrified. "He said my name. He said, 'Your mother for the Cup'."

"Definitely sounds like something a psychopathic villain would say." Kazzie mumbled to herself.

"Who said that?" Alec popped into the doorway, having heard the conversation.

"Valentine." The three said together as they turned to look at the archer.

"He's with my mother." Clary's voice was breathless.

"And he can speak to you through that necklace?" He took a step in, worst case scenario plaguing his thought. "Here, in the Institute?"

The redhead clarified. "It's like when I saw Dot."

"It's a portal shard." The warlock said once it clicked in her brain. "No wonder it feels weird to me, they're not something you should have one you willy-nilly." Her brows furrowed, a thought popping in her head that she didn't like. "Hold on, have you been sleeping with it?"

Clary, overcome with happiness knowing that her mom was alive, didn't bother answering. "All I know is what I saw...my mother's alive. She's unconscious, but alive."

"Where are they?" Alec asked.

"I don't know."

"But you said you saw them. Were there any identifying characteristics? Equipment, weapons, photographs?"

"I don't remember. It was awful." The redhead was beginning to get overwhelmed with Alec's questions.

"Xander, please." Kassidy cutted in, keeping her voice quiet as she tried to reason with him. "Can't you see she's frazzled?"

"I'm trying to get something we can use out of this." He glanced at Kas before looking back at her twin. "Clary, what did you see, exactly?

"Valentine has my mother! That's what I saw." The newbie cried out, wondering why Alec wasn't happy hearing the news.