An Argument

Mr. Dean, with a frown,  waited for K2 in Dr. Wook's office. He was seated on a sofa and he scowled at nothing.

Dr.  Wook pretended to be reading test reports but his whole attention was on Mr. Dean. Dr.Wook tried not to question him but he could not help putting the report on the table with a thud. He looked straight at Mr. Dean.  and said,

"What is all this long face about? Why are you sulking?"

Mr. Dean did not answer but stared at him angrily. He seemed not to be in the mood to answer. Taking a deep breath he changed his sitting posture and started scrolling his phone.

This expression was not new to Dr. Wook so he was not intimidated. He kept staring at Mr. Dean making him uneasy and forcing him to blurt out his resentment.

'Don't stare at me. Don't pretend that you are ignorant about my agony. '

' Now, what do you mean? You mean to say that I know what is troubling you? '

'Come on,  I don't know what the matter is.  Just tell me. ' said Dr. Wook

"Wait till K2 comes. I have messaged him to come to your office."

"Are you going to threaten him?  But for what? "

"What makes you think so?  I just want to clear my doubts. And as a father, I have the right to do it. "

"Please don't mess up anything They are happy together."

"Do you think I am a villain? I am just ensuring my kid's happiness."

There was a soft knock on the door. 

"Plz Come in", Dr. Wook said looking at the door.

K2 entered the office. He was welcomed with a warm smile and a handshake by Dr. Wook and a light and curt nod by Mr. Dean. 

K2 went to Mr. Dean and seated himself on the sofa opposite Mr. Dean's side.

Mr. Dean, could not be impolite to K2. So he asked him without any preface,

"How do you plan to handle the media?"

K2  could read the curtness and stress in his voice. He was shocked but said politely,

"We always knew that this situation would arise one day or the other and denying it would only make things worse. So he and I should accept the relationship and we plan to do so"

"What about Raina?" Mr. Dean asked him.

"Raina? What about her? She is a good friend of mine. She is even ready to admit it in front of the media. But I don't think she needs to be involved in this mess."

"I mean your relationship with her."

Both K2 and Dr. Wook looked at him. Dr.  Wook could not believe that. Mr. Dean would doubt K2. He had double-checked K2's background including his relationship with Raina then why was he confused now?

K2 had his insecurities. He was reminded about physical intimacy in the car.

Had Mr. Dean found it out?

It was nothing but a burst of passion. It didn't mean he loved Karan less.

"Hmmm?" K2 posed a question and said,  "There is nothing but a sincere friendship between us. We know each other as the back of our hand. She is my confidant,  my friend who can stand by me in thick and thin."

"See I am worried about Karan. I am asking you once again about your relationship with her. Are you still dating her?"

"We are just friends.  I have nothing more to say about that. Raina can also testify to it. You can talk to her.  I will call her now."

"No need to call her. I have already talked to her."

"You mean you have already discussed the matter with her? Why didn't you tell me before? How could you do so?"

"I did not go to her.  She came to me to clear things up."

"If you both say nothing is going on between you two then I have no other option but to believe both of you."

Dr.Wook interrupted them, Listen, the main issue you must be focusing on at present is not who loves whom but how will you face the media.? '

Looking at the wall clock he said,

"It is 11:30 pm now. Both of you must think about what to say to the Producer and the media and then go and take some rest." 

Both Mr. Dean and K2 agreed with what Dr. Wook said.

Dr.  Wook continued, "Your clips have been leaked. You cannot deny the fact that you are in a relationship. It will hurt Karan's career.  Work it out."

Mr. Dean said," Tomorrow Karan will get discharged. We can meet at the studio at 10 am."

"Ok, I will be there at sharp 10 in the morning."

Saying this he got up and walked out of the room.

He dialed Raina's number. But it was out of reach. He tried again but still, he could not reach out to her. Getting tensed he tried to message her.

There he found her message saying she had urgently to leave and go out to New Zealand due to some emergency. She would contact her when she reached there.

K2 found this message unsettling. He felt uneasy about it. The message was short and curt. This was not her usual style. All was not well. Something had conspired.

As far as he knew Raina had no known or work connection in  New Zealand. She was lying to him. He had a gut feeling that it had everything to do with her meeting with Mr. Dean. 

He walked towards Karan's room.  He didn't want to be away from Karan So he decided to rest in his room.

If Karan would be awake he would discuss the matter with him and if asleep then he too would go to sleep and take some rest.

Moving towards the room he was reminded that he had not eaten for many hours. So he turned and walked towards the cafeteria. Settling on a corner chair he ordered sandwiches and coffee.