The Hand

You woke up to the sound of yelling. "Aw what the hell, I was having a good dream..." You walked outside to people running and shouting "Carl". You quickly grabbed two hatchets from your tent and ran with the rest of the men. When you caught up with all of them you saw one dead walker and one dead deer with guts spilling out of it. "Oh are you fucking kidding me!" you said as everyone looked at you. It's that damn deer you and Daryl spotted. "What is it?" Shane questioned almost as if on cue Daryl walked out of the forest. "Son of a bitch! That's my deer!" You looked at him "Sorry man." Daryl walked up to the deer and started kicking it. "Look at it. All gnawed on by this filthy, disease-bearing, motherless poxy bastard!" you sighed as Gale spoke "Calm down, son. That's not helping." after he said that Daryl walked up to him. "What do you know about it, old man? Why don't you take that stupid hat and go back to "on golden pond"?" Daryl sighed "I've been tracking this deer for miles." Daryl said as he pulled his arrows out of the deer. "Gonna drag it back to camp, cook us up some venison. What do you think? Do you think we can cut around this chewed up part right here?" Daryl asked, looking at you for an answer, just as you were about to speak Shane spoke up "We cannot risk that." you glared at him "Bitch." Glenn giggled at your response. "That's a damn shame. I got some squirrel– about a dozen or so. That'll have to do." Then the head from the walker started moving, "Oh god." You looked at it in disgust. "Come on, people. What the hell?" Daryl then shot the walker right in the eye. "Bullseye!" you smiled. Daryl took the arrow out of the eye. "It's gotta be the brain. Don't y'all know nothing? C'mon M/n." you gasped playfully "I get squirrels too!?" you exclaimed, chasing after him. "Sure."

As you guys walked back to the camp you both called for Merle. "Merle!" "MERLLLLEEE" "Merle! Get your ugly ass out here! I got us and M/n some squirrel! Let's stew 'em up." You both set your stuff down and started walking. "Darly, M/n, just slow up a bit. I need to talk to you both." You both turned around. You cocked your head and Daryl spoke for the both of you. "About what?" Shane walked in front of you and Daryl. "About Merle. There was a uh, there was a problem in Atlanta." Soon everyone started to circle around you and Daryl. "This looks like some cult shit, get to the point." Daryl cuts you off. "He dead?" "We're not sure" you scoffed. "He either is or he ain't!" Rick walks up to us. "There's no easy way to say this, so i'll just say it" "Who are you?" "Rick Grimes." You stayed silent backing away watching the scene unfold like those terrible origamis you and the kids have been making. "Rick Grimes, you got something you wanna tell me?" Almost immediately Rick spoke "Your brother was a danger to us all. So I handcuffed him on a roof, hooked him to a piece of metal. He's still there." "Who the hell would- why?!" you said. "Hold on. Let me process this." Daryl started to raise his voice. "You're saying you handcuffed my brother to a roof, AND YOU LEFT HIM THERE?!" "Yeah." Daryl then throws the squirrels at Rick, then Shane pushes Daryl onto the floor. "Hey." "Guys-" Daryl pulls out his knife. "Watch the knife!" T-dog warns. Daryl swung his knife towards Rick. Rick de-arms Daryl as Shane takes him in a choke hold. "You'd best let me go!" "Nah, I think it's better if I don't." You start to get closer as others watch. "Choke-holds illegal!" Daryl says, referring to him as a cop. "Well you're free to file a complaint." Daryl keeps struggling. "Daryl calm down." "Come on man, we'll keep this up all day." Daryl soon stops struggling but replaces it with heavy breathing. "I'd like to have a calm discussion on this topic. Do you think we can manage that?" Rick gets closer to Daryl's face "Do you think we can manage that?" Shane nods his head and throws Daryl onto the ground. You frowned, it was sad knowing that just a couple hours ago you were laughing with the same person that is on the ground grieving over his brother.

You got pretty lost in thought until T-dog spoke "It's not Rick's fault, I had the key. I dropped it." "You couldn't just pick it up?" "Well, I dropped it in a drain." "That's anticlimactic." you mumbled. Daryl got up "If it's supposed to make me feel better, it don't." "Well, maybe this will. Look, I chained the door to the roof so the geeks couldn't get at him, with a padlock." "It's gotta count for something." Rick spoke. Daryl wipes away a tear. "Hell with all y'all! Just tell me where he is, so I can go get him" "He'll show you. Isn't that right?" Lori said more than questioned "I'm going back." Lori walked into the RV disappointed. You walked with Daryl to get your stuff "I'm also going. Don't change my mind." Daryl gave you a small smile in return. Once you grabbed your hatchets you went to you tent to see Cloud playing with a gumball from the outside. "C'mon, we're going to save Merle." Once you walked out of your tent with Cloud on your shoulder.

Once everyone gets in the truck Glenn explains to you that there's also a bag of guns that were gonna get. The truck starts to drive and we sit there. "He better be okay. That's my only word on the matter." Daryl said. "I told you the geeks can't get at him. The only thing that's gonna get through that door is us." Glenn stops the truck "We walk from here." Everyone gets out of the truck. You all start jogging to the fence. Once you get through the gate Rick asks "Merle or guns first?" "Merle! We ain't even having this conversation." "We are. You know the geography. It's your call." Rick says "Merle's closest. The guns would mean doubling back. Merle first." Glenn emphasized.

You all walked into the store cautiously. Rick then spotted a walker. Daryl aimed his bow. "Damn. You are one ugly skank." Daryl shoots the walker right in the eye, again and pulls the arrow out. "Bullseye, the sequel." You whispered loud enough for everyone to hear, then chuckle.

You all make your way up the stairs onto the roof. "Merle! Merle!" You all ran to where Rick tied Merle up. Only to be met with the cut off hand of Merle. "No! No! No!" You hugged Daryl as he whimpered and cried. Your heart ached.

"At least he's alive..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a lot...

Please comment it gives me motivation! >:3

CallMeGoopy