Chapter 39: Pete's betrayal

Pete POV

I was watching TV in the room I was in when I heard screams coming from outside. Boss Thankhun who watched over me for a week in relay with Arm and Pol did not want Boss Kinn to come and see me.

Finally the door of my room opens and I stand up recognizing the slender silhouette of Boss Kinn who slams the door brutally on Boss Tankhun's nose.

- I told you that I will win against you crazy!!

I stiffen considerably, hating when he is angry. I still keep my confidence. He will never dare to attack me given my current state.

I come out of a 6-day coma and suffer from multiple fractures. I'm a little burned but it's nothing compared to Porsche. He, like Boss Vegas, hasn't woken up yet.

I pray internally so that they are not dead.

Even if I'm a little embarrassed by what happened with Boss Vegas, I can't imagine having to endure his death.

As bad as it may be, it also has some quality that I highly appreciate and...

What am I saying?

I blush like a tomato as I cross the look of Boss Kinn who goes towards me and bends over to give me a kiss on the forehead.

- As soon as you see me, you're already blushing?

I lower my head, uncomfortable thinking about Boss Vegas when it's boss Kinn that I have in front of me.

I babbles:

- I...it's been a very long time, sir... we've never been so close.

I raise my head and Boss Kinn sits on the edge of my bed and extends his left hand on my right cheek.

I'm covered with a thrill.

- Did you miss me?

Boss Kinn smiles sweetly at me and doesn't let go of my eyes. The fact that he is so tactile with me should bother me... we didn't talk about everything that has happened recently between him and Porsche.

Boss Kinn understands that I'm not going to answer. He removes his hand from my cheek and continues:

- We have moved even further away than we have come closer lately Pete. I'm sorry for all these months of distances I've caused. You were right. I regret every moment I hit and raped Porsche. I should have controlled this surge of anger that pushed me to obey Dad, who had asked me to punish Porsche. In addition to losing you that day, I lost all the trust between me and the bodyguards. My relationship with Tankhun has more than deteriorated. I was extremely depressed, I didn't sleep anymore and I didn't eat anymore. It took me a while to recover and take my courage to do everything to reconcile with Porsche. Now that it's done, I'm ready to do anything, if you accept it, to win you back... a second time.

Boss Kinn seems to put all his guts and honesty in this line. I stare at him and I can see how much he has the will to regain me.

I'm starting to play with my nervous sheets. Not that his statement makes me uncomfortable but since he played the card of honesty, should I tell him what I did with Boss Vegas?

I lower my head.

- I...I feel that you regret everything. This is exactly the reaction to a person with a human heart. You recognize your wrongs and... I really like it. (I raise my head.) Every time I saw you or you saw me with Porsche you did your best to hide your tears and how much you reach... Sir. You have a sensitivity and a reasonable personality that you seem to want to show but that... you don't know how to do it... that's what drives me to continue to believe in you and... to the potential chance that we can... start again in a good relationship.